Show & Tell Pt. II

The customers all turned to him, as he cleared his throat, setting the block down onto the counter.

[Miles] "Ahem-! Welcome everybody to... uh..."

He looked for a sign displaying the stand's name, only to spot a horribly written "Josh's Mistiry Gouds!"

[Miles] "...Josh's Mystery Goods! The place to find all sorts of items from all over the world!"

The audience gathered, seemingly interested in Miles' introduction, it seemed they enjoyed the stories the old man told about his items.

[Miles] "ehehe.. shit.."

Now really wasn't the time to panic... just.. think of something- WAIT.

[Miles] "As J-Josh's handsome and intelligent assistant, I bring to you a uh.. Cherry Plank Block!"

He raised the block in the air, seemingly generating interest in the crowd. He heard cheers. They were totally admiring the block. Miles was completely unsure as of why.

[Miles] "But this isn't just any ordinary cherry plank..!"

[Miles] "This cherry plank was produced from a very specific tree... a tree found millions of blocks away... a tree in absolutely no man's land!"

More cheers, people enjoying the story already, boosting Miles' confidence slightly.

[Miles] "...This tree was guarded by dangerous monsters, they looked similar to you and me, but they went mad with ender sickness! It disfigured them and mutated their bodies, turning them into teleporting freaks!"

The audience generated several gasps, some of thrill, some of horror, and some of shock. People were eating this story up.

[Miles] "Only the bravest heroes were tasked with the dangerous deed of retrieving the mystical tree and exploring the land of the sick! In turn, they succeeded... but at what cost?"

The audience went silent, seemingly adding to the dramatic effect.

[Miles] "...You see, our heroes returned successfully from their impossible journey.. only to find themselves infected with the same disease, turning them into vicious and deadly beasts! They had become mutants!"

He raised his arms in the air, attempting to scare the crowd and emphasize his story. It partially worked, and someone in the crowd had asked a question.

"...So what happened to the heroes..?"

[Miles] "...I'm not sure, in fact, I'm not sure anyone knows..! They disappeared deep into the woods as the monsters they are.. Rumors say if you see a bunch of endermen at one spot at night.. one of them might be nearby, ready to tear you limb from limb and eat you alive."

Miles shuddered at his own words, remembering what happened before, but he still was able to keep the scare factor up. There were visible signs of fear on most of the crowd's faces.

[Miles] "So.. who wants to be the one, to own the block that started it all! Perhaps it will one day save you from the dangerous creatures of the night!"

The audience roared, several incredibly high bids being shouted over each other. This was going to take forever, wasn't it?

Yeah, pretty much forever. Miles turned around to go and get Josh, hopefully he would be thrilled at his progress.

I wonder how much I'll get paid for this.