Kaboom

I blinked, and my ears began to ring. I didn't die... I think. However, the blast not only disoriented me, it sent me flying backwards on my rope. I crashed the back of my head into a stone wall nearby, apparently hard enough for me to immediately start bleeding. I didn't even realize, no, actually, I had no idea what was going on anymore.

It was incredibly hard not to pass out, and my head was pounding pain through my nerves... but I got away. I survived, staring blankly at the mobs making noise below me.

[Miles] "if... josh doesn't... then enid's gonna kill me..."

All I could do now was sit here and try not to moan in pain as much as my body was slowly being lifted out the cave.

I could barely think, which was terrible now that I had plenty of time to. I wanted to think about what would happen as soon as I got back to the surface, maybe i'll even get the job.

I felt my pockets, I had the coal on me still. I won... finally... Something I could prove.

I didn't resist it now, letting my pickaxe slip out of my hand and watching it plummet to the darkness. I saw blood too, probably from my head, drip down like a slow sprinkle warning you of an oncoming rain. I felt at peace once the noises began to die down.

Just me, my blood, coal, and hope for a promising future...

CHAPTER FOUR COMPLETE