The Market Event Pt. II

That... makes a lot of sense now... I thought everyone had mined for their own stuff. That's why there was so much iron gear being passed around, and yet I haven't seen a single cave around here. That doesn't matter though, if i'm going to do this, there's only one question I need answered.

[Miles] "Hey, Josh?"

Josh snorted, looking up from playing with his parrot, which also squawked in response.

"YES MY DEAR BOY?" [Josh]

[Miles] "...How much is the starting pay?"

"HMM... I BELIEVE ITS ABOUT... UHM... 9 EMERALDS AN HOUR!" [Josh]

...Miles had smiled, stashing the flyer into his pocket.

[Miles] "Take me to the tryouts."

Josh grinned at first, eager to take him. However, after only one step, he froze before turn back around with concern.

"ERM... ACTUALLY... MAYBE WE SHOULD TRY SOMETHING ELSE...! I FORGOT TO MENTION THE... RISKS." [Josh]

Miles paused, a confused look on his face as he folded his arms.

[Miles] "...Risks? Pfft- Seriously?"

"NO BOY, YOU COULD LOSE YOUR LIFE WORKING AS A MINER... ITS A DANGEROUS JOB." [Josh]

[Miles] "...How dangerous?"

"FROM WHAT I'VE HEARD, YOU'LL BE WORKING IN TIGHT, DARK AND CRAMPED SPACES... WHICH MEAN MOBS...!" [Josh]

Miles thought to himself for a moment, he definitely had close calls, but he never ran into mobs to the point of them being an issue. Then again, he never travels beyond the level of sunlight in caves.

[Miles] "..."

[Miles] "That's not gonna phase me, Josh, I might really need this job."

Miles thought of Enid and her situation.

[Miles] "...I might just have to."

"B-BUT-" [Josh]

[Miles] "You and me are cool, Josh. I'm still going to come over and tell as many stories with you as you want."

Miles smiled at him, but Josh's worried expression didn't fade.

"YOU'RE A REALLY GOOD KID... I JUST DON'T WANT SOMETHING BAD TO HAPPEN TO YOU..." [Josh]

[Miles] "I understand... and thank you, I appreciate it."

The bird squawked, before flying little circles around Miles, causing him to chuckle.

[Miles] "Alright... Lead me to tryouts."

"ALRIGHT... IF YOU SAY SO... COME THIS WAY-" [Josh]

The two began to move down the street, the sub radiant on the roofs of stands. The light almost guided them down their path.