The Gem Snakes

MILES

I tried my best to avoid the wires, but holy shit it was like they were everywhere. I couldn't run anymore, in fear of running into one. I also couldn't snap them in half without seriously fucking my hands up. All I could do to avoid these wires was to step over and under them.

That wasn't the only problem on my way home. I tried to dismiss it at first, but as soon as I stepped outside, I felt like I was being watched. I had goosebumps all over my skin, and I kept spinning around when I felt something, or someone behind me. Yet, no matter where I look, or what I look at, I just- can't see anything.

Miles continued down the path, occasionally having to walk over wires and look behind him for what felt like ages. It was quiet now, a quiet that made him nervous.

I can't believe this, who even had time to set all of these up? Why do this shit on the path I use to get home? I don't understand, why am I the one having to go through thi-

A loud snap erupted behind Miles.

He spun around, and his eyes widened in fear.

There was someone there, and before anyone could say anything someone else jumped out from the trees on his left, then another... and another.

There was a total of four, four people dressed in camouflage garments, each with their own accessories, pockets, and armor platings to represent their unique styles. Most of them were laughing, as they began to surround Miles in a giant circle before he could do anything.

[Miles] "W-What the hell-?! Who are you people?!"

None of them responded, just laughing and cracking jokes to one another.

"AINT THIS THE KID WHO MOVED HERE RECENTLY?!"

"DUDE- WHERE'D YOU FIND THOSE GOLDEN APPLES, THEY WERE AMAZING!"

"WENT FROM CARRYING IRON TO CARRYING EMERALDS..."

"CAN YOU GUYS STOP WITH THE MONOLOGUING?! LETS JUST TAKE HIS SHIT AND GO!"

Miles tried to retreat, but he was fully surrounded, now visibly frightened as he continued to look around him.

[Miles] "What the hell is going on! Who are you guys?!"

A female, bright redhead with freckles and a pony tail stepped forward.

"SHUT THE HELL UP, WE'RE HERE FOR YOUR SHIT, SO COUGH UP THOSE EMERALDS WILLYA!"

Emeralds? They want my money! The money that practically saved my life?! I cant give this up, I need these emeralds!

[Miles] "w-What are you talking about?!"

Another guy stepped forward, clean beard, but messy dreads that spiked upward. He seemed a lot more relaxed than the redhead, who was now drawing a bow at Miles.

"She means the money you got from that job, don't try to play us either, we already saw everything."

No... No fucking way these assholes watched me! But why?! How?! W-When?!

[Miles] "Let me go! I need this money!"

Another one stepped forward, and the others seemed to quiet down at his presence. He had a wide, evil grin on his face. He wore the most "loot" out of everyone.

"I don't think we wanna ask you again kid, hand over the money, or else we might have to make you."

[Miles] "Why-?! Why are you doing this? What the hell did I do!"

"Why? Because we CAN. You got a lot of money in your pockets, and WE WANT IT."

There was nothing I could do, was there? I was terrified, stumbling over and falling on my ass. Just like I wasn't supposed to.

[Miles] "Fucking- Goddamn leeches! Who the hell are you people! Answer me!"

The evil smile faded off of the person who was "in charge." Miles looked over to see one more guy, with glasses, short brown hair, and the biggest sword on his back he had ever seen. He looked like he didn't want to be involved, just playing lookout. He turned, shouting at the one in charge.

"YOU MIGHT AS WELL INTRODUCE US JACKASS! MAYBE HE'LL FORK IT OVER AND THEN WE CAN GET OUT OF HERE!"

The one in charge turned his head to say something, but groaned.

"Fine, asshole."

[Miles] "So... w-Who are you..!"

"WE ARE..."

A familiar, and seriously pissed off voice erupted from the trees.

[Enid] "GEM SNAKKEESS!!!"

A foot from hell fell down from the sky, Enid had hit the leader right on in his face, a fury in her eyes that Miles had never seen before.