The storm

The next day it was time for rehearsals to start, even though it was the weekend and Salt Lake was currently in the middle of a record breaking blizzard.

"It seems absurd that we had to come in today" Ricky said, as he and Mel dusted the snow off their coats, before walking into the school. "Yeah, but apparently from what Carlos told me, Miss.Jenns Ex is the drama teacher at North high and told her about this award called the Allen Menken award for highschool theater, and now shes determined to enter us in the competition in hopes of beating him" she responded, as the two made their way to the rehearsal room. "Damn, sounds complicated to say the least" ricky laughed, "yeah thats for sure" Mel said.

"Ok everyone Miss.Jenn is going to be a while as she had to drive nini to the bus station" Carlos announced to his fellow castmates. "Nini was here?" mel whispered to ricky, who just shrugged his shoulders "I guess, i'm not sure I haven't heard from her since she sent those texts before she left" he whispered back, to which mel just shrugged.

" So since she's not here at the moment, she left me her instructions on what she wants us to do while we wait" "Ricky and Melanie find a place and start practicing your lines together" Carlos said, turning towards the couple, who nodded their heads in response. "Gina you'll come with me and we'll discuss the choreo for 'Be our Guest', everyone else please take the time to practice your lines with eachother, and wheres EJ? He's supposed to be here by now" the boy said, looking towards Ashlyn for a response on her cousins whereabouts.

"He should be here, we drove together maybe he's just in the bathroom but I'll go try to find him if hes wondering around" the red head said as she got up in search for her cousin. "Ok everyone lets break" and as soon as he said that the lights went out, "Well isn't this just perfect" carlos scoffed, shaking his head and walking out of the room.

"Well should we go find a place to rehearse?" Ricky asked his girlfriend, "Yeah I think I know just the place" she responded back. The two quickly slipped out of the rehearsal room and made their way to the music room. "You know who I didn't see today? Kelsey, guess she left" Mel said, as she sat down at the piano bench, "Hey it's for the better, she would've just made this production a living hell" ricky said, taking the seat next to her.

There was a brief silence between the two, before Melanie decided to speak up "Ricky, Kelsey yesterday in the bathroom, she-she told me she was going to try to break us up". Ricky sighed "Mel you know that would never happen right? Never in my life have I felt like this before" he said, gently cupping her face so they were now both looking at eachother "I'm so in love with you ok? Never forget that. Nothing and i mean nothing will ever come between you and I ok?" he said, reassuring the girl in front of him. Melanie smiled and leaned forward to kiss him. Pulling away from the kiss, she leaned her forehead against his and said "I'm so in love with you too Ricky".

The young couple were in the middle of rehearsing their lines, when the door to the classroom opened and Gina stomped in. "God I can't believe Carlos" she said, as she sat down across from the couple. "What happened?" Mel asked, Gina huffed " He wouldn't listen to anything I had to say, all my suggestions he vetoed. Like we're supposed to work together in this and he wants to take the lead, which pisses me off because Miss.Jenn left both of us to do the Choreo, not just him" she vented.

"I'm sorry G, that-that really sucks, you know you're the best damn dancer we have here right?" Mel said, trying to comfort her friend. "And look maybe talk to Miss.Jenn about it, and tell Carlos that it's not just him doing the Choreo, that you two are both co-choreographers and both decide on the steps, not just him" Ricky jumped in. Gina nodded her head "You guys are right, it's just so irritating and i was about to explode so thats why I needed to come find you both before I said something i might regret" Gina said, "thank you both for calming me down, I should probably head back out there and try to find him and have that talk" she said, then said goodbye to her friends as she walked out of the room.

A/N : i didn't know how to end the chapter 😭 also this was basically a filler im sorry if it was boring 😭