Chapter 5

Aelynn got out of Bonnies car the next morning. She didn't know why she and Elena were carpooling with her when they both had their own cars that they could drive. However, she was saving money on gas so she couldn't complain there.

"I'm not saying don't date the guy," Bonnie started as the three got out of the car, "I'm just saying take it slow."

Elena gave the girl a look, "you're the one who said go for it," she pointed at their friend.

Aelynn shrugged, "I mean, she kind of has a point, it's the first time you've been single in how long?" she gave a pointed look to Elena, "live in the moment a little, play the field, and who knows, he might make the first move."

Bonnie nodded at Aelynn's words, "she's right you know, take your time, don't jump."

"Why the about face?" Elena asked Bonnie.

Bonnie shrugged, "it's not an 'about' face," she defended, "we're saying you're single for your first time in your entire high school career."

Elena laughed, "oh, because I'm sooo that girl."

Aelynn couldn't help but laugh at this, "Elena, you're the girl every guy wants. We're not lying to you."

Elena shook her head, "seriously, what are you two not saying?"

"It's nothing," Bonnie blurted, an unsure look on her face, "it's stupid."

"Bonnie," Aelynn gave her a look, "what is it?"

"I accidentally touched Stefan," she admitted, "and I got a really bad feeling," she shrugged.

The sisters gave her a 'go on' look.

"Is that it?" Elena asked. Bonnie bite her tongue and started to walk away as Elena grabbed her arm to stop her. "Bonnie?"

Bonnie turned to her, "it was bad bad."

"Is this the whole witch-mojo again?" Elena asked, her tone that of joking.

Aelynn wanted to hit her sister for that. It was a little insensitive to say that, especially if it was part of Bonnie's family history.

"You know what," Bonnie said, "I'm just concerned. This is me, expressing concern about my best friend's new boyfriend."

Aelynn nodded in agreeance, "rightfully so, he still has yet to have a full conversation with me, your sister."

"And I love you both for it, I do. But I feel good," she had her hands on each of their shoulders, "it's been a hard year, and I'm starting to kind of feel that things are getting back to normal again. And you know what, Stefan is a big part of that."

Aelynn gave a look to her sister that she didn't see. How was Stefan, a boy she met all of three days ago already making such a big impact on her life? She called bull on that much. There was absolutely no way, in her mind, that things could turn around that quickly for someone. If it was true, though, she was happy for her sister, but felt completely disregarded.

The trio then began to continue walking towards the school until the man of the hour himself stopped them.

"Good morning Elena, good morning Bonnie, and good morning," she stopped when he looked at Aelynn, "Aelynn," she said once he remembered her name.

Aelynn rolled her eyes, "good to know I'm quite forgettable," she joked.

Bonnie looked at the sister, "hey, um, I gotta go find Caroline, she's not answering her phone," she looked toward Stefan and then at the ground, "so, see you guys," she went to walk off.