Chapter 4: The Chennai Sequence!

The girl puts the title as Chapter 4: The Chennai Sequence. She smiles widely knowing that these were such precious memories of her life as a fangirl to ER1, Vetri and VM. She continues to write...

Dear Diary,
I promise to keep this short but can't actually help it either because this is one of the highly cherished track of VM after the most memorable 'Yercaud Trip'. As I continued watching the upcoming scenes slowly I started to like the pair vetri and malar. Not as a fan but as a viewer. Something was unique and special about them and their bond. When this was my thoughts on them rightly at time I got to watch the Chennai sequence. Wahh re wahh is all I'm able to say on that. What fun! So many memories in it and so many firsts for VM has happened in this track. I started to watch the Chennai track and completed within a single day because I started watching ER1 lately so many episodes had passed on when I was just starting to explore it back then.
Starting with the decision of malar to take vetri with her to Chennai for writing her exams was amazing. She believes in him, though unsure of it herself but yes she believes in him and thus both of them pack their bags, get their family's blessings and reach the bus stand with malar's father "Rajadurai". I liked the way how he was pampering his daughter as she was going to write her exam and that too in a distant city from their place like Chennai. Now both vetri and malar start their journey.
How can I forget their first "Fall-Catch" when malar looses balance while climbing in the upper berth, vetri catching her on time...to her one hand around his nape holding his shoulder for support, their eye lock and the song "Thamarai mele, neerthuli pol, thalaivanum thalaiviyum vaazhvadh enna..." That was the most apt song for that particular situation. Throughout the Chennai track, I liked how vetri pampered malar and safeguarded her in all the circumstances.
I still remember watching how malar's few strands of hair would fall on vetri's face then him making the bus to stop only for her to eat dinner. Then their cute moments while eating dinner etc. Finally they reach the hotel. I liked how malar agreed to stay in the same room to her calling his name for the first time and touching his shoulder to wake him up. Next their temple visit, them getting to know each other. I loved it when vetri told malar's raasi and nakshatram while offering prayer to god and she was looking at him with surprise. Then malar asking him with surprise that his full name was 'Vetrivel' when vetri said the same to the gurukkal.
Next malar's bag gets stolen and how vetri helped her to write her exam to him admiring their respective phone's wallpaper by keeping it close together. I kinda started to like vetri more because he was rare and special, not like the common male leads of ITV. Then their beach sequence where they together earn money for having their lunch as all their money has got stolen. There I got to see the most beautiful scene where vetri requests malar to sketch a portrait of him, she was unable to complete it and defends herself by saying to vetri that she can't see his eyes directly to which vetri cutely writes a kavidhai and requests her to complete the portrait for him the soonest.
Back then I didn't knew that this unfinished portrait of vetri would play a great role in VM's journey. Then how can I forget their resort adventure, also their swimming pool fun and loved how vetri defended his relationship with malar in front of those couples when they humiliate and mock them for failing the compatibility test. Also, mainly that ring scene when vetri gives the ring that maran bought for her was very emotional. Then I loved how vetri got a buket full of water by blindfolding his eyes for malar to bath the next morning and understood that she had periods. That's when I slowly started to fall for vetri I guess. Then their beach encounter where they cutely build a sand castle. I was touched when vetri asked malar that can he be a mere watchman to her bungalow for which she says you can be a guardian to the same. Then while digging a pathway underneath the sand castle I was awestruck with the scene where their hands met and their look towards each other was so touchy and beautiful.
And also how can I forget not to mention how vetri in search of that ring went inside the sea, I was so flabbergasted to see how the actor would've taken such efforts to portray a dangerous scene like this. By the way back then I didn't know who was the actor who played vetri. All I knew was V.E.T.R.I to whom I was unknowingly and gradually falling for. Then vetri was in hospital after the sea adventure. After regaining consciousness he says to malar "bayandhuteengala"? to which malar says "Uyire poyiduchuga"...That was the exact moment malar developed a soft corner for vetri and considered him as a part of her life and that's when I admired the bond of vetri and malar.
My instinct told me to continue watching this serial because it somehow touched my soul like no other show. I could sense that there is a beautiful journey waiting ahead for VM as well as myself as an individual.
Yours
DD

She turns the next page and writes beautifully in bold letters as Chapter 5...

(To be Continued...)