Chapter 12: A Shocking Surprise!

As the girl puts the title as Chapter 12: A Shocking Surprise, she literally laughs at the intensity of the surprise back then. Who would've thought that something like this can happen to her and that too at the right time.

Dear Diary,
Who doesn't like surprises?! But what if the surprise is something that you've never really imagined in your life. In my life too, I was lucky enough to receive a surprise which kinda made me go all numb and shocked but with full on happiness.
To start with the incident I must tell you'll about my house. It's more or less like an army regiment. We have total freedom in all things with respect to our education and life but nothing should cross the limit. I still remember one day (I was studying in class 8th) I watched a movie called Mr.Prefect starring Prabhas and Kajal. I so loved the film that I wanted to keep a still of them as my WhatsApp DP. It was not even a minute of pure bliss of changing my display profile, I got a call from my father and then BOOOMMM!!
I was immediately asked to remove the DP of my new found favourite pair of my favourite movie.
Likewise, during the initial days of watching ER1 and even today I'm kinda addicted with the 'Kadhal Kadhal" Bgm of VM. But I couldn't find it anywhere so after a huge struggle of importing and exporting videos from Hotstar then cutting the exact seconds of the bgm (as each part of the bgm was in different episodes) to mixing it all together to create the full version of the BGM, it was all a hell lot of hardwork and perseverance. When finally I made a beautiful video edit using the BGM for VM I uploaded it on YouTube. That was officially my first YouTube video during 2019 when I started my channel. Again within few days my father somehow found out then scolded me and asked me to remove that (I still wonder how he keeps a track of what I do). I was so disheartened because it took so much efforts to make something like that and that too for the first time.
Similarly, my brother and myself are not allowed to keep status or DPs related to moveis, star cast or be an ardent fan of an actor. This was our life and the feeling of having been caged like this (We know it's for our own good) was sometimes frustrating.
When life was going on like this it was somewhere around the monsoon of 2019 I guess, I received a shocking surprise. Before my grandmother always used to tell me that a serial actor who used to act in a very popular tv serial "Saravanan Meenatchi" as 'Douglouss' was our relative and that we shared the same family ancestral deity temple in Thirunelveli, Tamil Nadu. But back then I didn't paid any heed because I thought what is so interesting to have a distant relative who is a television actor so I left that matter to flow in the air only to realise that later it turned out to be something exciting.
For some obvious reasons there came a situation where I had to speak with the him in phone (I would like to keep the situation anonymous considering the privacy of the actor that I'm talking about). So I helped him out and he was so humble and nice to speak with, I even spoke with his wife Rajeshwari Aunty, she too was such a humble and sweet women to speak with. My brother and I call him Douglouss Uncle (though it was not his real name). He too liked both of us as we were very well behaved kids who always shinned in our academics. And then we totally forgot about all this for almost an year but my grandmother was in contact with him and his family.
Later one fine day during 2019, we already had relatives in our house for dinner and we were enjoying our time talking with them and suddenly we had some more visitors at 7pm and when he and his family entered I was so shocked and dumb struck. It was someone whom I watch daily on my screen, it was that person whose performance I really liked and it was that person who acts in my most favourite serial alongside my most favourite actor (Dhiru 😍).
It was Douglouss Uncle!!
Back then he was playing as 'Idhayakani or heartfruit' in ER1 who is the best friend of Maran and later a brother figure or friend to Vetri as well. And I also knew from so many insta posts that he is a very good co star and friend of Dhiru. My heart's happiness knew no bounds that day to see someone for real from my favourite serial.
"Vetri - Maama - Kani" trio is my all time fav combo during ER1 times.
While all this was playing in back of my head, I actually couldn't believe my eyes as it was the first time I am seeing an actor for real in my life.
Now it was chatting time!!!
Everyone was excited to see him and my already arrived relatives were also delighted to see him as they too watched ER1 (Wow!! I didn't knew that they too watched it until they were asking about the serial shooting and all). But uncle was so humble and professional as he only shared few things which he was allowed to share to the public, I mean us.
My mind, heart and me was so excited to put all of my silly questions to him and hear him speak about the funny things that happened in the set of ER1 but poor me!! 🥺🥺

The conversation went something like this:

D Uncle: Enna ma! Eppdi iruka? Studies laam epdi pogudhu?

Me: I'm good uncle. Ya! Adhellam super ah poyit iruku...

Then uncle and aunty was asking about my school life and stuff for which I was answering to both of them.

Meanwhile my relatives started to ask about the serial (I mean ER1) and there I was all keen to listen to him.

My mindvoice: (Excited pro max plus) Sollunga!!! Sollunga!! Ellathayum sollunga!! Apdiye en thalaivar ah pathiyum neraiya sollunga!!!

After he shared few things (Obviously not about dhiru and pavi in specific) I was left herat broken for sure but I got to know some cool general stuff that used to happen on sets of ER1.

Then uncle asked a question to which my mind couldn't stop laughing to but at the same time left me bewildered as well....

D Uncle: (Smiling) Neengalaam serials paaka maatengala?!

To which I didn't know what to say because seriously nobody like literally nobody is a serial fanatic like me in my house. I already told bout my father to you all and even my brother is an Avengers lover. My grandmother stopped watching any serials that time and it was my mother who watched few serials but that too not ER1. So answering his question can become life threatening for me anytime now (My father was watching me) but I can't keep quiet as well!! 😅🥺😝

My mindvoice: Enna paathu indha kelviya neenga kekalaama sir??? 😅😅😂

But slowly I gathered courage and spoke up. As everyone were engrossed in their respective conversations with each other no one literally bothered to listen to me keenly.

Me: (With slight hesitation) Naan paakura oray serial na adhu Eeramana Rojaave dhaan uncle. Veetla vera endha serialum paaka maatom.

D Uncle: (Happy) Apdiya!! Super super ma!

Me: (Happy) Unga performance semma uncle. Romba nalla iruku.

D Uncle: (All Smiles) Ayio! Thanks da ma! Thanks!

Me: (Excited) Naa dailyum paapaen. Ennaku Dhiru Pavi ya romba pudikum...Romba nalla nadikuraanga...

D Uncle: (Happy) Apa oru naal shoot spot ku vaanga ma...Ellarayum paakalaam....

My mindvoice: OMMGGGG!! OMMGGGG!! What did he just say?!!!! Am I dreaming or what??!!

Meanwhile Me: (Humble) Aan sure uncle!

Though I felt happy for this 1 minute conversation about expressing my feing about ER1 and DP, I controlled my emotions as my father's expressions were slightly changing. So there I stopped the convo and switched to something general about Vijay TV and thankfully my father didn't scolded me anytime afterwards for my confession of being mad at ER1.

My mindvoice: Eppadiyo! En ususra epdiyo kaapaathi kuduthutayaa muruga!!!! 😅😁😂😂

That day we all had a great time with each other. And particularly I was so happy to finally see someone from the sets of ER1. And till date it's a pleasure whenever I talk with him or meet him though very rarely but still it all feels so surreal.
Someday in the future I'm surey gonna request Douglouss uncle (Actually, his real name is Kumaramoorthi) to help me meet my Thalaivar and inspiration Dhiru!!

Let's see what future holds for me!! 😁✌️💯

Yours
DD 🤓✍️

The girl puts the next title as Chapter 13....

(To be Continued...)