Chapter 5: The Rise of a Fangirl!

The girl puts the title in the next page as Chapter 5: The Rise of a Fangirl. A wide smile curling up her face now. She remembered those beautiful days which led her to becoming the fangirl to the him. She continues to fill the pages of her diary...

Dear Diary,
Again trying to keep this as a very short one because there is so much more that I need to share and I have a very short span before winding up this series. So the word "Fangirl" seemed so whimsical to me back then. Today I proudly call myself as a fangirl to the him but back then it all felt so childish to me. My kind of philosophy back then was this:
I can watch a show, I mean literally binge watch a show for hours, vibe to a pair or a character, dream fantasies about them, admire and love them so much but can't call myself as a fangirl. Because I was someone who from my earlier days of watching tv serials was able differentiate between a fictional character and an actor. I hope many of you can ace that part very well. So, there is no point in admiring the person who plays that character. Like we can very well appreciate that person and their acting skills but calling myself a fangirl just because he/she was playing a particular character was so not convincing to me back then.
My mum always used to tell me that acting is a profession and that they do it to earn a living like how we go to work daily, so there is nothing to feel awestruck with what they do and also the things that you see onscreen is a well drafted script where everything seems to be perfect. So getting addicted to something like that can be a waste of our productive time. She always advised me to keep it as an entertainment.
Even today I believe in the very same ideology. Nothing has changed ever since but only one thing...Me becoming his fangirl, which has happened over these years. I must say this is an exception to my ideology.
So, coming back to the 16 year old me who was slowly getting attached to this very serial called 'Eeramaana Rojaave 1'. More than anything without my knowledge I was slowly getting attached to the character 'Vetri'. The character vetri was something special and different. Also I liked malar very much because she was that poor soul who was facing so much in her life soon after the death of her beloved.
I still remember a particular scene where her mother in law and sisters in law would force her to drink the milk that was half drunk already by vetri. The way she shouted "MAARAAAA" with all her agony and tears pouring out was very moving and tears started to roll down my cheeks. But I also like how vetri used to treat malar with utmost respect and understands her from her point of view when everybody around wanted malar to move on so quickly after marrying vetri. I could possibly sympathize with both the protagonists and I think that was the reason why I was getting attached towards the show so much.
Back then I didn't knew what melodrama was until recently and I think ER1 was the one perfect example for that word. It is a melodrama indeed which connects the audiences emotionally making them feel sorry for the characters and their plight yet making it so interesting for them to know what will happen next.
So that was me becoming slowly attached towards the show and the characters and that's how I eventually without knowing myself was becoming a fangirl to the character Vetri.
Truth to be told: "I like vetri more than dhiraviam" !! (sorry but not sorry)
I mean that was the impact that ER1 and vetri created on me years ago and that's the reason even today I can fondly recollect those memories to you all through this series #thefangirltales.
Yours
DD

So, this was how the rise of a fangirl was born out slowly but gradually but not to dhiraviam but vetri. Then you might be curious to know then how did she become a fan to Dhiru?! The answer is "Patience"! Its just the start and there is so much that you'll need to know about how I became his fangirl; back then, now and forever!!!
As the girl completes the page she turns to the next page and puts the title as Chapter 6...

(To be Continued...)