4: Master

A week later

It's been twenty days since I've come here. Fifteen days since I was raped. Thirteen since I tried to escape. Now, I sit in my room nearing the window.

They've brought Diablo to my room. He's the only one keeping me company...and I don't know if that really counts because he's a dog.

I find myself talking to him. It's what keeps me from going insane. He doesn't answer, but I know he's listening. I tell him stories that I wish to do. I wish to see snow. I wish to spend Christmas with someone. I wish to celebrate my birthday. I wish to go out to dinner in a beautiful outfit. I wish to dance in the rain. I wish to stay up all night and talk as someone listens. I wish to binge all the Harry Potter movies. I wish to be with someone who loves me. I wish to find love.

I lay down on the ground and let Diablo lie on my stomach. I begin to hum to him lightly. It's what I do a lot when I'm not talking to him.

How much longer will I stay here? Will I stay locked up just as my master locked me up?

Romeo

As I make my way downstairs for dinner, I hear her humming in her room. She's talking. Who is she talking to?

Downstairs, I am sitting alone in the living room.

I'm the only one who lives here. With a girl who I haven't seen in a week.

Slut.

That's what he carved into her body.

What monster would do that to a woman?

I am a monster to the men who have caused this world pain. I've never laid my hands on a woman before. I'm not really a monster. Am I?

"Bring her downstairs. Tell her to freshen up and join me for dinner," I finally say to the bodyguard who hovers near the door.

"Yes sir," is all he says before walking out.

The chef brings out dinner. I tell him to bring out another plate and set it on the other end of the table. "Your drink?" He asks.

"Blantons," I say. He nods and disappears back to the kitchen.

Now where the hell is she?

Elizabeth

He tells me that I can leave my room after I've changed.

I change into a simple dress that goes down to my ankles. He's waiting by the door. When I walk out, he looks at me...specifically my breast. I lift up my top a little more and turn away.

He leads me downstairs to the dining room. There, Romeo is eating alone. How lonely.

He doesn't acknowledge me. He just sips his drink.

The bodyguard tells me where to sit. I sit down and look at the food. The food I've been given has been more than enough, but why now am I eating with Romeo? Was this Romeo's request or his friend's request?

"What would you like to drink?" Asks a man who sneaks up behind me. I jump, my fork clattering to the plate. Romeo slightly looks up at the commotion I've made, but he says nothing.