8: Admit It

Romeo takes me to other stores. He doesn't bring up what happened in the jewelry store. Instead, he brings me to a different clothing store. "Pick out an outfit. You'll change out of what you're wearing," is all he says before his phone rings.

I look through the racks of clothing and find something that I could be able to wear. I pick out a black dress that outlines my body just enough.

Romeo buys the dress with no hesitation.

Why do I all of a sudden feel beautiful now?

Romeo

I look at her. With a simple outfit change, she looks like she's slowly finding her way again. I want to make her feel beautiful. If that means getting her a new outfit or buying her shoes, then I'll do it.

I want her to feel human. I want to be the one to give her those experiences.

We go into a salon and spa. "What are we doing here?" She asks and tugs at my arm a little.

"I have a friend here who can do your hair or whatever you want," I huff. God...why am I still such a dick when I talk to her?

"Really?" She asks in surprise.

"Don't ask so surprised, Tesoro," is all I say before I hear a woman screaming my name...not because she's excited to see me.

"Romeo Bianchi! You better have a good fucking explanation for ghosting me!"

"I've got one," I say. I hand her three hundred dollars. "But I'm not telling you."

"Money won't get you out of it," she huffs.

"Yes, it will," I huff back. "I'm not paying you for silence. I paying you for your services." Elizabeth stands behind me, fidgeting with the ring I got her. "Give her what she wants," is all I say. Laura's mood completely changes.

"You're all mush," she laughs and pats my cheek. "That's really cute."

"Will you do it?"

"Oh, I'll do it," she giggles. "She's already beautiful. What more could I do to enhance her?"

...

Apparently, Laura did a lot because when she was finished, Elizabeth was smiling from ear to ear. Her hair looked silky and smooth. It was still long...really long. "Voila. Here's your queen, my king."

"Thank you so much," Elizabeth says and hugs her. Laura doesn't expect that type of response. How is Elizabeth so kind? And how do I deserve her?

Do I even deserve her? Or am I forcing her into something she wants no part in?

"Let's go, Elizabeth. I'm hungry."

Elizabeth

Romeo's given me everything today. I don't understand what's changed. I don't understand why he's doing this either. Does he care for me, or is this a front so that I won't leave him?

There's someone who looks just like master. He walks in the mall. I can't tell if it's master or not. "Romeo," I gasp. I want to be careful that it's not him. I tug at Romeo's arm. He looks down at me.