19: Dear

I've never been hit by a train, but if I were, I'd think it would feel a whole lot like this.

Is that an exaggeration? Yes.

Romeo knocks me to the ground and doesn't think twice about laying on top of me. Everything goes in a slow motion. He pulls out his gun and I can hear others yelling at him.

"Caterina!" I hear Casso yell. As Romeo kneels and continues to keep me guarded, he looks around. "Fuck!" I hear him cuss.

"Eliza!" I hear a little girl scream. She comes running to my arms with blood on her dress.

"Caterina! What happened?!" I gasp as I run my fingers down her body. "Are you hurt?"

"No!" She cries and holds out her arms for a hug. I pick her up in my arms.

"Upstairs. Bring the women and children upstairs," I hear Romeo mumble. Another round of gunshots.

One. Two. Three.

Four. Five. Six.

Screams.

More gunshots.

Caterina cries. Even as I hold her tightly in my arms to protect her, she runs to her father. He's quick to hide her under a table as he crouches down with his gun.

Seven. Eight. Nine.

Ten.

We hear a car speed off.

There's a dead silence.

"Romeo," I gasp. He's not by my side. I hold my stomach. I feel like I'm going to be sick. "Romeo!" I cry out. It's still dead silent. Men are helping women on their feet. Guns are still out. Bodyguards are rushing around. Everyone is rushing out.

"Elizabeth!" I hear my name. I let out a cry and look for him. Is it Romeo?

Romeo sits down in a chair with his hand limp on his gun. He lets out a little sigh as his eyes trail down my body.

He doesn't stand up or come to hug me. "Romeo?" I say. I come to him and kiss him. He moans away and flinches. I look over him. He's bleeding. "You're bleeding," I whisper in disbelief. I kneel to him and start taking off your shirt.

"It's ok. Nothing I can't fix. Remember. You're the one who also stabbed me with scissors," he reminds. He tries to chuckle, but it's terribly gone with a cough.

"Donde esta Nate?" I ask him in a whisper. There are tears in my eyes. "You're ok. You're ok." He grabs a fistful of my hair.

"Don't see me like this," is all he says.

"Nate!" I cry out. People are quick to rush over to me. None of them are Nate.

"Sir. What can we do?"

"She's the boss," is all he mumbles before leaning forward in my arms. He falls out of his chair. His mouth is near my ear. I can hear his shallow breathing and feel his beating heart.

"I need an ambulance," I say in English. "Please." I put my hand on his stomach to stop the bleeding. "You're ok." I whisper.