Hawaii

Hawaii. The Sunshine State. A little piece of heaven, if you ask her.

Summer never thought, not in a million years, that she would be living there. And yet, there she was.

She's lived her whole life in New Jersey, New York. And up until a few years ago, moving to Hawaii was just a dream, wishful thinking at the most. But when she needed a fresh start, that was the only place that made sense to her.

She would never have ventured moving to another state without a support system in place, but the need to start fresh was too big, so she packed her bags and said goodbye to New Jersey and aloha to Hawaii. The fact that her brother had moved there just a few months before, was an added bonus.

She's been living on the island for two years now and it has been the best two years of her life. She works as a restaurant manager and loves it. She goes to work in the morning, works her ass off to make sure that everything is perfect for her guests, clocks out midafternoon and still has time to go to the beach and swim for a couple of hours.

You see, unlike her brother, she loves the water and the beach. It's where she feels most at home. That's why she always wanted to live there, so she could be closer to the water, not to mention that the guys are a lot hotter than they are in Jersey. At least, she thought they were.

She had also made new friends. Friends that had quickly became family, or, as they say on the islands, "ohana", to her. Some of those friends were her brother's coworkers. But for the last two years, they had turned into people whom she could no longer imagine her life without.

That doesn't mean that she doesn't get homesick, she does, but living there was a lot nicer than living in Jersey, without all the bad memories and constant run-ins with people she definitely didn't want to see. In Hawaii, every single day would bring a new happy memory with it and she wouldn't trade it for anything.

But, as much as she thought her life was good, things were about to change.