#JOHN FRUSCIANTE: hearts and thoughts they fade away (part 2)

summary: you were engaged and you felt like you were betraying a part in yourself. and one day, you bumped on someone who you thought you would never see again

word count: 1.9k

warnings: angst TO FLUFF

• inspired by sarah jio's always novel

— january, 1998

''listen, i already talked with them today and nothing changed. they ask for too much. i mean, we are talking about a hotel's lobby. and the view of it is not beautiful! ugh... you know what? let's just do it in our backyard, yeah? what's wrong with that? it's more beautiful than that stupid lobby. okay okay, let's talk when i go home. you aren't at home? okay then, i'll just wait for your arrival. bye.''

you hang up the phone
when you finish talking about your ideas about wedding places to your fiancée. you two weren't the richest people, but your fiancée wanted something really fancy like when rich people get married. you, on the other hand, wanted a small and simple wedding.

you graduated from college a year after you left john. you sold your house when you found yourself a roommate, brenda. she was going to be your bridesmaid in your wedding now. and you were lucky to find a job after your graduation. you met there with a handsome yet squeamish man. you were chill and hilarious, and he was your exact opposite. you've still found him funny in your ways. and what do they say, "opposites attract." maybe because of that you are engaged now.

dating him was like a dream. he would help you with chores, pay for dinner, buy whatever you wanted, willingly go out to new places with you and more...

but sometimes you feel guilty when you're living your comfortable life. because you would wonder about john. he was a drug addict after all. the only things you knew about him currently were that he left the band five years ago in the middle of their world tour and released a solo album two years later. where and how was he? what was he doing right now? was he still alive..?

brenda was willing to help you with the wedding organization. helping you to choose your wedding dress and wedding cake, searching places where you'd like to have the wedding. she called you and said that she found new places you'd like. you agreed on meeting at your usual coffee shop. after almost twenty minutes, you both were there. hugging each other like you haven't seen each other yesterday. you both ordered your coffees and sat in a suitable place. she took off photos from her bag and put them all on the table.

''so, i found three new places that you both may like. they are at hotel's but they have excellent views, trust me.'' she showed you the first place which looked like a wineyard. second was just in a high place, and the view wasn't the best. and the final one was the best one for you. you already forgot the past two places. it had a huge oak tree in it, maybe it was over 200 hundred years old.