#CLIFF BURTON: a dream soon to become real

summary: you woke up from your afternoon nap and saw your son and husband practicing playing bass

word count: 2.1k

warnings: none, just pure fluff (+🎁)

"okay, let's get started. did you tune the bass first?" cliff asked your son. and he responded by nodding quickly. "well then, surprise me." cliff chuckled.

he lined his four fingers to the g string and hid his thumb behind the neck on his left hand. he then put his right hand's thumb on the pickup and lined his fingers to the string. he then placed his left hand's index finger on the first note and placed his other three fingers in order while he was pulling the string on each note. he moved his fingers from g string to e string.

the sound of what came out wasn't that smooth. his hands and fingers were still small after all. he was starting to stagger when he moved his index finger on the first string's fifth fret and gave up.

"my fingers, my hand, ugh..." he sounded tired after this.

"you sure made a lot of progress compared to a week ago." cliff expressed happily.

"why the sound is not coming out smoothly? am i not pressing hard enough?" your son asked angrily. cliff shook his head and sat next to him closer. "you're just not pressing your fingers next to the fret. you're pressing in the middle of it. try again like i said." he answered.

he lined his fingers to the first string and then tried to open his fingers wide to place each finger next to the fret. and the sound started to come out pleasant. he smiled to himself for fixing it and cliff smiled at him because of his happiness.

the more he moved his fingers to high strings, the more his hand started to get tired. he was playing slowly but he was pleasant because the sound was clear. he grimaced and eventually moved his hand away after getting to the first string's fifth fret again.

"yeah, that's what i'm talking about!" cliff cheered and patted his son's back. he let out an ouch and then moved the bass away. "you're a fast learner. don't tell mom this but, you actually learned faster and sounded clearer than her for the first time."

his son smirked. "how long did it take to teach her?" he asked. cliff thought about it for a couple of seconds. "i think maybe two weeks? i used to teach her two or three times a week. now a week ago i showed you just the basic things and you just practiced for a whole week by yourself."

your son shrugged. "i just practiced more than her, that's why. but i still feel like i achieved something big! can you teach me how to play master of puppets now, please?" your son's eyes sparked. cliff just grinned and got comfortable on the couch.