Settling in

Harry pov

I found out that the boy who helped me to the table is named Cedric. He is the head of the Hufflepuff quidditch team. I can feel his kindness in his magic.

After dinner we get taken to our house common area. Cedric leads me as we go as I don't know where we are going and there are too many people going too many different ways for me to properly follow someone at the moment. As we go I focus on the path we take so that I can walk back to the great hall for food tomorrow morning by myself.

When we get to the common area most of the people leave down two separate hallways. "Each first year will have a buddy so that no one gets lost or bullied. Third years look at the list and see if you have a buddy. If you don't you may go to your room." More people leave the room and there is now about fourteen other people in the room including the teacher. "Now third years find your first years. You will be dormmates and you will show your buddy to each of their classes.

I feel someone stand right beside me and can feel that it is Cedric as I recognize his magic. "Alright now that everyone has found their buddies you may go to your rooms. Mr. Diggory and Mr. Gaunt please stay here for a moment."

After everyone has left she speaks again. "Mr. Gaunts Guardians have asked that he have his own room as he finds it alarming to be in a room with others when he is unaware so Mr. Diggory you may go to your room and meet your buddy here tomorrow morning. Mr. Gaunt follow me." She takes my hand and leads me down a separate hallway from the two I saw others go down. 

"As we don't get many who cannot share rooms we only have one room. It cannot be down the hallways with the others as we use it for both boys and girls as it is barely needed. If you need me my room is right down this hall on the left. Your room has a bathroom as most who need a separate room don't feel comfortable showering near others." I am thankful for that as I don't want all of the others to see my scars.

She tells me the password and I open the door. Inside I see the shapes of a large bed, a wardrobe, a bookshelf and my trunk as well as the outline of the door. "If you want to turn on the light it is on the right of the door." I nod and she walks away. I walk in and close the door behind me, locking it. I release my wings and head to the bathroom. I run a bath and slip in. After the bath I put on my silk pajamas after finding them in my truck by touch. Then I sink into my bed and start to doze off as I think of the year to come.