The Ball

Harry pov

I excitedly put on the outfit that was placed at the end of my bed. The ball starts in about an hour so I have to get ready so we can go.

I feel the silk dress robes and can tell that they have a snowflake pattern on them. I pull on the dress shoes and socks that were on top of my dresser and then desperately try to tame my hair.

After about twenty minutes of fighting with my hair I give up and head downstairs. Dad and Papa are already there and waiting for me. "Are you ready to go?" Papa asks and I nod so he grabs my hand and we head to Draco's Manor.

When we arrive I notice that no one else is here yet. Other than the Malfoy's of course. Draco grabs my hand and leads me farther into the manor. I wave bye to my parents as we go.

Soon enough we get to a room. I can smell the snacks and drinks so I am rather excited. "I have lots of games we can play including some games that I found out muggles play. Father says it is good to know the enemy."

I nod and giggle slightly at the thought of Lucius Malfoy researching children's games. I wonder which ones Draco plans on having us play. I have heard Dudley play some before with his friends and some other neighborhood children.

Once the other kids arrive we get started. First our parents tell us to eat. They said that we can't play any games till after we eat dinner. So we eat the dinner they give us and grab a few snacks before sitting on the floor to play the games.

"Okay so a few of the games I found are never have I ever, spin the bottle and two truths and one lie. They sounded like too much fun for just muggles to enjoy."

I have heard of all of them but I have never played any of them. "What is never have I ever?" Blaise asks.

"The person who starts it asks the first question and it goes around the circle. Each person states that they have never done something and if another person has they have to put up a finger. If they get to ten they are out."

"Sounds like fun." Pansy adds.

"All right I will go first. Never have I ever gone out with messy hair." I of course have to put a finger up and I can hear a few others go up as well. I don't know who though because I can't recognize all the people here by glow yet.

Next is me. "Never have I ever kissed anyone." I hear a few huffs and a few giggles as some fingers go up, mostly the older kids but a few from my year.

The game goes around many times and everyone is having a lot of fun. Some of the older kids are out and I only have three fingers left while Draco has five.

We end up playing for an hour or so and some other first year wins. We decide that we will play spin the bottle next as 'it is tragic that none of us have ever played.' according to Draco, who I am almost entirely sure has never played it either.