Scene 7 - Two Of You

The Doctors and Donna escape through the forestry on Navax Chudden, quickly making back to the TARDIS. We hear Donna laughing as they approach a safe hiding spot protected by branches and cover, away from the sight of the main passage.

Donna:

You know what we just did to them?

Tenth Doctor:

I hope we've put them out of their way for sometime for good. Now, what are we going to about you? I've never fancied the idea much of two of us running about at the same time.

Eighth Doctor:

I am perfectly capable as much as you are. Who was it that got us out of there?

Tenth Doctor:

That's just it. You may have been grown from my own DNA. How do I know what has been produced from what the Sontarans have messed with?

Eighth Doctor:

Trust me. I am you. Identical. Except I don't know how my biology will work. Can I regenerate? If so, how many regenerations am I allowed? I maybe be born from an experiment, but that does not give you the right to disregard the quality of anyone's life, does it?

Donna:

So, there are two of you, right now. I blummin' love you!

Eighth Doctor:

I retain all his memories. His knowledge. Now it seems that there are two of us.

Donna:

How come you look different to him?

Eighth Doctor:

I'm one of his past faces. The DNA that was splintered off from him grew the cellular structure of what so happened to this version of myself. And one that I am rather pleased to be in, for once.

Tenth Doctor:

The point is that you shouldn't even exist.

Eighth Doctor:

Well now I do. And here I am.

Donna:

Listen. Look. Doctor. Doctors. Both of you. Both the Sontarans and the jelly squids are after you still. We can't stand around for too long going on about egos and what's his face.

Eighth Doctor:

Quite right. Now I'm here, it will make the Sontarans and Rutans even more dangerous to seek at least one of us out. Two of us. Two different factions. Making the likelihood of us being captured higher.

Donna:

Because all the Sontarans will be worried about us now is getting one of you back. When I was with the Rutans, they mentioned something about getting one you, or at least one of you. They don't know that you're two of you know. They wanted you to help with their plague spreading thing they had in mind.

Eighth Doctor:

A virus they intend to release into the universe? Maybe to make their takeover easier to control when they invade.

Donna:

Exactly. Trouble is with these Rutans they're so difficult to tell who is who. If they aren't pretending to be someone else like a shape sifting chameleon. They called themselves indefinitely adaptable to me.

Tenth Doctor:

Indeed they are.

Eighth Doctor:

And Navax Chudden sits directly in the centre of their battle to which they will soon be arriving here at any time. Out for blood. Ours.