Scene 1 - Double Trouble

We open up at a war zone, hearing the sound of exploding shells and mud spurting up in front of our smeared view. A grey smog circles around the camera and we hear rocks tumbling down, hurtling down a hill and crashing at the bottom. The smog encapsulates the back of the view of the camera, leading into an ominous black void, leading further into the mysterious fog. A man then emerges from the smog from the left hand side of the camera – the Eighth Doctor. He holds his Sonic Screwdriver in one hand, turning towards us and looking at us for several seconds. The Eighth Doctor is young, and his clothes are slightly grubby. When he finishes looking at us, as if he waiting for us to lead him, the Doctor then turns away, making us feel as if we want to learn more about what is happening.

Afterwards, the Eighth Doctor then carefully treads through as the blazing sound of explosions and tumbling rocks continue sounding around the howling smoke. The Doctor continues on his quest by marching ahead in his direction, which leads directly away from us. We see him go, and then slowly dissipate in the firing and devastating world around him. Eventually, he has gone, into the eerie smoke, which thickens around us. We are left with the haunting, creepy world around us before we cut to the opening titles. Those credited are "David Tennant", "Paul McGann" and "Catherine Tate". After the logo, we see the title for the story "The Double Doctor" "Written by CaptainThunderWho Century 22 Productions".

(Opening titles)

As the credits for the producer and director role, we are presented to the forestry world of Grunhead's Point, on the planet Navax Chudden in the Bewkrek System. We observe the flourished plants and vegetation on the planet. An alleyway leading into a well-protected area of tree cover and a running stream below along the path follows a rocky, stoney path. We see the emergence of two Sontarans along the path. These Sontarans, part of the Fifteenth Sontaran Battle Group, dressed in grey suits reflecting their Classic series look, march down the passage with their helmets protecting their brutish heads.

Another Sontaran meets them down at the bottom of the path, at a point where they are no longer protected from the cover of the trees. Hiding in cover, we see a squid-like eye watching them closely through the branches. The eye widens as the Sontarans begin their conversation. Commander Spork of the Fifteenth Battle Group marches towards his two men takes of his fearsome helmet slowly for us to reveal himself.

Commander Spork:

Report the status of the scout landings.

Sontaran 1:

We have found no evidence of the presence of the Rutans at Grunhead.

Commander Spork:

Our battalion along the front line must keep them restrained. Extend the radius of our search. They must be found.

Sontaran 1:

Very good, sir. I wish we could rejoin our Battle Group and face the swine ourselves. Rather than letting those shape shifting mules play tedious tricks with us.

Commander Spork:

You will enjoy your sport, soldier. When we capture the hostage, we shall have the greatest genius mind in the universe, which will bring a triumphant victory for the Sontaran army.

Sontaran 1:

Yes!

Commander Spork:

Think in battle, soldier. Think in battle. But first, to provide Grunhard's Point as the maximum safety ground to operate from, we must have this land rid of the enemy to successfully execute our operation. See to it that the radius is expanded. I shall return to main mission and continue our plans for the Scientific Assessment Survey.