Scene 9 - Terrifingly Effective

We then see the disguised Sontarans and human slaves. Many of the other Sontarans are still down on ground level tending to the human slaves + repairing the pipeline containing the clone feed. The Commander and his high ranking men are close by on the higher level discussing military tactics. The Rutans all turn to look at each other. The humans that are in disguise suddenly fall over, pretending to be dead. The Sontarans aim their weapons at them as the Commander continues discussing tactics with his men.

Commander Spork:

With the clone feed restored, we shall use Navax Chudden as the battleground for the final assault on the Rutans.

Major Svorx:

And with our millions and millions, we shall effectively track down one if not both Doctors on this planet.

The disguised Rutans prepare to drop chronic acid from above.

Sontaran 1:

Get up! Get up! Or I shall destroy you!

The boxes containing the acid, smoking with fumes, is dropped from above. The smoke then is released and then quickly begins to affect the Sontarans on the ground as green slime begins to run from their heads as the acid does it's work to them. The Sontarans cry out as they collapse to the floor. The disguised Sontarans pretend as if they do not know what is going on.

Commander Spork:

What is happening?

The Sontarans begin dying on the ground.

My soldiers! That stuff is chronic acid! It is killing my troops!

We continue to see the Sontarans die on the ground as the Commander and the other Sontarans look on with shock to see what is happening to their comrades.

My men! Someone will pay for this!

The boxes of chronic acid act like an ant killer easily killing the Sontarans in a matter of seconds and leaving a dust about on the ground. The acid has no effect on the humanoids, but are covered with the dust that kills the Sontarans off. We see the spray cover the ground level before we cut back to the Rutan ship, viewing this sequence from the scanner.

Princess Ezra:

Terrifyingly effective, was it not? Now for the Megatron Extinguisher. A simple dose containing fragments of the virus can wipe out a dozen Sontarans. Think of it when we deploy it in quantities.

The Tenth Doctor looks appalled at what he sees. We see in a lab through the monitor the virus growing and breeding inside, ready to be unleashed into space and beyond. The Eighth Doctor finds the way into the Rutan ship. A path leads towards the green, squelching interior of the Rutan spaceship. He then comes across more Rutans who prepare to fire at him. ZAM! ZAM! The Sonic Screwdriver is activated, and the electricity deflects back at the Rutans, killing them. The Eighth Doctor then continues.

The Megatron Extinguisher is the perfect poisonous contagion. It acts as simply as spraying a swarm of insects with killer liquid and finishing the job within a matter of seconds.

Tenth Doctor:

That is not a military stratagem. That is a simple and lazy way to invade and to conquer with. Where is the honour of war and enjoying facing the enemy head on?

Rutan 1:

Should he still refuse, War Chief, we know of the Doctor is still not alone on this planet. We know the Sontarans have created a duplicate of himself, meaning we can kill one of them if the other does not aid us.