Chapter Seven - The exciting part

We had to reschedule the dress and suit fitting till the next day. Catherine and Benjamin had come up and Melissa had cover over with Jenny Peckham. The boys were at the hotel while us girls stayed here. Catherine, Melissa and I sat across from Jenny with Lucille and Anastasia to one side.

"Thank you again, Miss Aurora. It's a honour that you've asked me to work on your dress." I smiled and glanced at Anastasia, she was now clear how the run through went with people. "What does your dream dress look like?"

"fitted." was my first thought "at least to here." I gestured to the to of my legs

"Then a skirt flowing outing a long-is train a abbey/ cathedral train. Quarter length sleeves and lace, white." Jenny nodded sketching

"I'm just doing a rough sketch and taking notes." she mumbled "Are there any details specific colour schemes you wan't incorporated"

"A small bejewelled belt only on the front part, like here." I gestured to my torso

"Something like...this." she showed me a rough sketch and I smiled

"Like that, yeah."

"Okay, I will do more sketches with samples attached for you to look at in about a week maybe two. Am I okay to take initial measurements?"

"Of course." I stood up and she took out her tape measure She measured different parts to the specifications of the dress. Then she noted them down "Thank you for coming."

"You're welcome." we shook hands and she left with Lucille. Melissa, Catherine and I went at the left over cake samples while we talked about the wedding. Anastasia was on the phone when she came into the kitchen.

"Yes, I'll tell her, okay, thank you for calling. Bye." she hung up and we all looked up to her.

"Miss Aurora, the queen has extended a Christmas invitation to Mr William." Anastasia told me and I raised my eyebrow looking at Catherine and Melissa

"Really? But Granny never invites anyone who's not blood or married." I was gobsmacked

"No but she has expressed a like to him since he came to her for help with your engagement. She even asked me if it was okay since I wasn't invited till after the wedding." Catherine replied "I think it's sweet and another step up in altering a tradition."

"This is going to blow his mind." I comment

"Oh and I need to go with you over the final details for the survivors foundation charity gala." I nod. The Survivors Foundation was a charity I had been working over for years, since my accident and how I was managed to cope after that. I revised help and got curious as to what help was out there. The gala was to raise money for these particular charities and one starting up in helping those who have survived things such as car accidents, weapon crime, domestic abuse and so on. It was something that i had played close to my chest because it was so important to me that i wanted to help with justice, rehabilitation in it's many forms and a way to return to some kind of new normalcy.

"Oh when is it?" Catherine wondered

"Next weekend. I'm terrified of messing up the speech, as always."

"You'll do great, as you always do. I don't know why you always get so worried, you've literally had special training for this." Melissa assured me and i let out a breath.

-------

When Liam came home I told him about the invitation, as expected he was shocked. I had told him years ago that Christmas was purely a family affair and the only way you got to go was by being blood or married. So he went home for Christmas and we would see each other in January. We made a companies, we would spend Christmas with my family but spend the new year with his.