「21」

Jongho couldn't keep in his smile even when he got home. 

He was way too happy because everything is going well, and now he can show that he fixed his grades to his parents.

"Hey." He greeted all of them after he placed his bag down and took his shoes off. 

His mom was in the kitchen with dad, and San was sitting on the couch on his phone, probably texting Wooyoung about something.

He looked up to Jongho and furrowed his eyebrows.

"Hey." San said. 

"What got you so happy? You keep smiling." His mom asked as she came out of the kitchen.

Jongho shook his head as he took a paper that was in his hand, giving it to his mom
and waiting for their reaction.

It was the paper that had his grades, and Jongho really wanted to see their reaction when they realize he fixed like 75% of them.

"Oh, you fixed them!" His dad exclaimed.

Jongho nodded with a smile, clearly liking that his parents enjoyed the fact he is finally not going to fail math.

They obviously looked happy by the way they gasped and laughed in disbelief.

"How come? I didn't see you study." His mom asked.

And there comes that part. Jongho let out a small 'ahh' as he rubbed his nape.

"I didn't tell you guys, I found a tutor and have been going on meetings with him for 2 weeks now." Jongho explained. 

San furrowed his eyebrows. "Who is it? Maybe I know him."

Jongho's mouth went dry at that. He turned to look at San, trying to find some kind of explanation or lie. Yeosang told him not to mention anything to San. 

"It's actually a friend of mine." Jongho lied.

Well, it's actually a half lie. Yeosang is his friend, or at least Jongho thinks so.

"Well, who? We know all your friends." His mom asked.

Jongho stayed quiet as he tried to find another lie as they stared at him and waited for an answer. 

"He goes to a different school, you don't know him. He is a new friend." Jongho lied again.

San furrowed his eyebrows. He didn't really fall for it, definitely finding something suspicious in Jongho's words. 

"Oh, okay then." His father shrugged.

"I'm really proud of you! You finally took another step. Let's celebrate! Let's have Samgyeopsal!" His mom smiled.

Jongho was happy that they reacted in a good way, and he is even more happy for finally caring for things he should have cared for year back.

Even if he has a few more grades to fix and exams to come, Jongho is happy.

San still stared at his brother in confusion. Where did that come from? 

Jongho never cared for his grades, and he suddenly comes home with his math being almost B after 2 years of it being an F? 

He doesn't know what it is, but there is clearly something fishy going on.

► ► ► ► ►

Jongho closed the door of his room, sighing and smiling aftrewards.

He just couldn't stop smiling today ever since he left from Yeosang's place. His life is going well and nice, and why not smile?

He took a shower and changed into his pyjamas and laid in his bed, but before he decided to sleep, Jongho decided to text Yeosang about his parent's reaction.