Ch 22.

~
"Mark you should go now."

"But what about-"

"We have enough wolves willing to tear that thing to shreds. Our friends and families have died at the hands of that monster. You don't need to worry, we're not letting it out alive . The woods are getting colder and you need to get him to a place to rest."

The snow was coming down heavier than ever. Although Haechan was unconscious, the weather escalation was getting worse. Haechan used up too much of his energy with his power.

Mark shifted to his wolf and although he felt the guilt of leaving the other wolves eat him up, he knew this was for the better. Haechan's safety was the most important thing on his mind.

"Hyung can you prop him on my back?" Mark asked.

The older assisted him and like a Koala, Haechan latched onto the big wolf. His face sunk into the soft fur and they both disappeared into the blanket of white snow that night.

As mark sprinted he could feel the younger shivering on his back. Upon arriving to an empty field it was clear that the snow would keep piling on around them and make the terrain hard to run through. It was also only getting colder. He knew at this point that it didn't matter where they went but he needed to find shelter, quick. Finally he saw wooden boards in the distance and coming closer he realized that it was a cabin. He walked up the steps that creeked of old worn out wood. Mark shifted to his human form, holding Haechan, who was sleeping in his arms. He peeked through the window and there was no light coming from inside. There must've been no one home. He then decided to turn the doorknob and it opened with ease.

Stepping through the door and flipping on the lights, he saw a small interior. The cabin was empty and desolate. It was lacking in a lot of household necessities but offered a single bed and a kitchen with tables and chairs, there was a couple items in the fridge and also a fireplace that looks like it hadn't been touched in months. It looked freshly abandoned. Mark walked to the end of the room that was two steps up a level. That was where he placed Haechan gently on the bed. He hugged him tightly to his chest for a couple of minutes to keep Haechans body warmed up by his own body heat. He also released his pheromones into the room, knowing that Haechan's condition would benefit from it. Even though his pheromones wouldn't warm his own body up, Haechan would still be able to feel the warmth his pheromones provided. It hurt him so much to feel how skinny Haechan had gotten since the last time he saw him. He could only imagine the type of things the younger had to go through to look that pale and malnourished.

When he thought it was enough, Mark would then go back to the front door, where he locked it from the inside. He found some bits of clothing in the wardrobe, some pants and a shirt he put on and a nightgown he changed Haechan into, since he was originally wearing rags. Mark crouched by the fireplace where he drew a flame, he hand fed it more wood and made the warmth grow from within the cabin. Watching the fire grow taller and taller he got caught up in his thoughts. These nights he couldn't sleep well knowing Haechan was still lost and in danger. Actually his sleep was horrible. He would have nightmares back to the night of the battle between the vampires. He'd have nightmares of waking up in the cold white hospital room hearing the news of Haechan being taken away. He'd jump up from his bed at night in a cold sweat, then would be immediately hit with a swelling headache. A feeling that was all too familiar to him from earlier that year. He thought he'd finally overcome this pain, this fear, but it never seems to leave him.

"Hm? Where am I?"

Mark heard a voice from behind him. He immediately whipped his head around and saw Haechan stick one foot out the bed, about to place it on the floor.

"Wait-! Don't get up too quick." Mark turned his head and with a metal rod he continued shuffling  the wood around in the fire. The fire was still quite small and he needed it to grow larger.  "I'll be right there, just give me a second"