The Talk pt 2

Hello lovelies!
I'm so sorry it's taken a hot minute to get this update out. Along with writers block, life did a 180° on me that came with a lot of changes we're still adjusting to.

I hope you enjoy this chapter and I'll try not to leave you waiting so long for the next one.

Alright, where's the tissue? May need them again for this bit.

____________________________________

“Where’s Seth?” Kali asked, looking around the circle again but the man was nowhere to be seen. Annie opened her mouth before closing it, biting at her lips with a pained expression in her eyes when she glanced at Rain.

“He… Seth, he left.”

Kali felt Rain’s grip on his hand tighten and could feel the way he tensed next to him. “What do you mean he left, Solros?”

“He left. You went into the water after Rain and he waited a few minutes and then he… he just left. Didn’t say anything to anyone but Copia. He…” Annie sighs, her lip trembling. “Rain.. I tried to stop him.”

“So, let’s go to his room and we can talk to him there.”

“He probably won’t be there.”  Copia steps over next to Annie, wrapping an arm around her waist as he holds her close, looking at the two ghouls with a sad expression. “He said he needs to think and he can’t do it here so he’s taken some personal time and will be leaving the Ministry. He should already be phazed away by now.”

“What?” Rain’s voice is small as he looks up at Copia. “No! Where’d he go? I need to get to him. Kali!”

“Rain.” Copia’s voice is soft, soothing as he releases Annie and steps over to the two ghouls. He reaches out and rests his hand on Rain’s shoulder, the other coming up to gently hold his face. “He needs time. All of you do. I do not know what happened in the greenhouse, but we could hear how tense it was and when you ran out… I knew it was bad. Give it some time, Rain. He will come home again.”

“But I need him now, Copia!” Rain has tears streaming from his eyes as he reaches up to hold Copia’s arm, his grip bruisingly tight.

“Rain,” Kali steps closer, taking hold of Rain’s hand again, easing it off of Copia’s arm. “He said he might not have left yet. If we hurry we can find out.”

Rain looks over at him, wiping at his eyes as he nods. Holding Kali’s hand tighter he steps back from Copia and does something he technically wasn’t supposed to; He phazes to Seth’s room, pulling Kali with him. When his vision clears from the shift he blinks and looks around, taking in the disheveled state around them. There was a hastily packed suitcase amid a pile of discarded clothes and Seth’s messenger bag with his laptop and other necessities sitting next to it. The man in question was standing at his messy desk, breathing heavily as he leaned against the wooden surface, shirtless and trembling.

“Seth…”

Seth flinches slightly, lowering his head with a sigh. “Go away, Rain.”

“You…you’re leaving?”

“I have to.”

Rain shakes his head and steps closer. “No, you don't! Don't leave… please.”

“I can’t stay, Rain. Not..not with things how they are.”

Seth pushes off the desk and steps to his dresser, ignoring the curious rats in the spacious cage resting on its surface as he pulls on a loose yet comfortable band tee without really looking at it but Rain’s breath catches when he sees it’s one of his favorite shirts he thought he lost in the laundry a long time ago. Seth crouches next to his suitcase next, ignoring the other two as he shoves more clothes into it and Rain turns to Kali with a look of hopelessness on his face. The ghoul sighs softly and gives Rain’s hand a reassuring squeeze.