The Wedding

She was a vision as she walked down the aisle on the arm of her sister. An earthly sprite glowing with happiness. Even if the world around them was burning nothing could take his eyes off her. His beautiful mate. She was perfect. The other half of his soul, of his very being. He couldn't breathe without her near, and seeing her now, seeing her hair glimmer in the sunlight like gold, the dress that fit her perfectly, accentuating the woman that she was... 

Her eyes lifted to meet his and he was lost in their mossy depths. How could he, a creature of Hell, be so lucky to have such an angel like her to call his own?

True to his name he stood mountainous under the flowered archway, easy to spot as he was over a head taller than anyone else gathered, and his bright eyes were focused only on her. She wanted to cry, her eyes prickling with the familiar sensation, so very thankful that Omega, at his Papa's request, was allowing her to share his sight so she may experience this day. Glancing to the left of the aisle as she walked she saw where the three brothers sat unseen by anyone else; Matteo with a gentle smile, Gianni with his signature scowl -though if you looked closely you could see the corner of his mouth held the slightest trace of a smile- and Alessandro on the end, dabbing and wiping at his eyes as he cried with happiness earning a deeper scowl from his brother. She tipped her head in their direction before turning back to her ghoul who waited for her between Rhea who would be officiating and Rain, his best man. 

Her mate. Never before could she ever have imagined she would find what she did here. Friends. A newfound family. A lover. A husband. Reaching the archway of flowers at the end of the aisle Lilit handed her bouquet to Sunshine who stood to the side before embracing her sister in a tight hug. Annie sniffled and pulled back enough to press their foreheads together, taking Mountain's offered hand to place Lilit's in it with a squeeze to both before she stepped back to her waiting seat next to Copia who, like everyone else, was donned in his Beltaine clothes. Turning to face Mountain, Lilit takes both of his hands in hers as she gazes lovingly up at him.

“Merrily we Meet, dear friends, on this most joyous of days!” Rhea's voice calls out over the crowd as she, donned in a simple black dress with a wide corded belt around her hips, steps forward to stand between the two, raising her arms out at her sides as she smiles. “We gather today to join these two souls together in life, bound forever by their love and devotion to each other under the ever watchful eyes of the Dark Father and the Goddess. Today we mark the moment you forever embrace not only one another but everything that has risen out of your union. Your partnership, nurtured with love from the ground up, ready to stand steadfast and humble from this day forward as you continue on your paths, seeking both goodness and sin in every direction, strengthened by the goodness and light in one another.

“Today we call upon the divine elements - Earth, Water, Air, and Fire - to bring to this union the same harmony they share. It is through these four elements we understand how one has the power to make another stronger. Today we pray to the elements to share with Lilithine and Mountain some of their most magnificent features. Please, close your eyes and lift your hands, palms to the sky as I recite this blessing.”

Rhea waits a moment as the assembled crowd obey her request, each turning their hands palm up as they close their eyes, Mountain and Lilit bowing their heads as they hold each other's hands tighter before she lifts her own hands towards the couple. 

“Blessed be this union with the gifts of the East, the element of Air.
Communication of the heart, mind, and body.
Fresh beginnings with the rising of each Sun.
The knowledge of growth found in the sharing of silence. 

We invoke you!

Blessed be this union with the gifts of the South, the element of Fire.
Warmth and hearth and home.
The heat of the heart's passion.
The light created by both to illuminate even the darkest of times.