Memories of the Past

Hello hello my beloved readers! Finally a new update! Are you all as excited as I am?

Enjoy!

Somg: Home Again by Blackmores Night

____________________________________

Sun shone brightly bathing the open clearing with its warm light, momentarily blinding Annie making her eyes blink shut and shake her head. Rubbing at them she eases her lids open as she looks around taking in the wild herbs and flowers sprouting in abundance. To the right she hears idle chatter and laughter of children and casting her eyes over she sees a familiar looking settlement nestled just within the trees. A breeze flows from her left, lifting her hair making it tickle against her face and neck and when she tucks wayward strands back behind her ear she picks up soft voices and laughter.

"C'mon an sing fer us!" A woman calls out over the laughter and Annie turns to see a small group of men and women kneeling in what she now saw were neatly clustered rows set between larger patches of produce. A coven. It had to be. "It's so much more fun doin this when ye sing for us!"

"Let the lass rest before ye berate 'er fer song!" A sunburnt man calls back with a thick accent, a smile on his face as he wipes his hand over his brow, smearing dirt and a stray petal of the small flowers he was harvesting. "An ge'er a drink b'fore ye make demands!"

"Wasn talkin te ya, was I, Silvy?" The woman counters with her own accent, throwing a clump of mud at him that he dodges with a laugh, those around joining in and shaking their heads. Even Annie laughs as she steps closer to get a better look at them, gasping when she sees the woman is a younger Kiara kneeling by her own section of herbs. Her smile alone could be recognized anywhere, wide and carefree hinted with mischief.

"Keep tha up Ki an ay'l-"

"Ye'll what?" Kiara cuts him off with a shake of her head. "Ye forget aye'm tha one tha feeds ya."

"Only when Mory cannae." He leans over to tend to his plants again before yelping as a wet clump of mud catches him on the side of his face. "Woman! Fer tha luv of…"

"I swear you are children. Who throws mud besides a child?" Annie freezes at the voice of the next person who speaks from a few rows down - a young woman with flaming auburn hair and bright green eyes. "Not to mention bickering over me when I can answer for myself."

Ma… There was no doubt about it. It was almost like she was looking in a mirror, minus the scars and different eye color. She couldn't have been more than a teenager, maybe 17 or 18. Annie's heart hurt seeing her mother so young and happy looking.

"So will ye sing fer us?" Kiara asks with a hopeful smile.

"Will ye get your gatherin done faster if I do?" Morrgan counters with her own smile as she sits back, brushing her hands off on her skirt. "I still have to go to the western field to gather for a spell."

"Aye!"

"Fine."

Kiara isn't the only one happy. Everyone else brightens up, some hollering and clapping enthusiastically as Morrgan rises to her feet. Stepping with a slight sway through the herbs, she smiles and opens her mouth to start singing.

"I've been many places
I've traveled 'round the world
Always on the search for something new

But what does it matter
when all the roads i've crossed
always seem to lead back to you…"

A soft breeze picks up as she turns to look at those still kneeling and Annie can feel the soft thum of magic building.

"Old familiar faces
Everyone you meet
Following the ways of the land