Midnight Swim

A/n: Hi everyone!
This one is a bit of a Rollercoaster that may require tissues.

Song used: My Jolly Sailor Bold by Ashley Serena

Enjoy!

____________________________________

“Clothes on or off?”

Rain blinks with a gentle flush darkening his cheeks before lifting his hands to sign. ‘It's easier to do with our clothes off. You know that.’

Kali laughs softly, bumping into Rain as they walk through the garden. “Yeah, but I don't want you to be uncomfortable while we swim be it with being almost nude or having your clothes waterlogged.”

I'm okay with taking my clothes off. Are you?” Rain signs looking over at the other ghoul seeing his lips twitch up in a slight shy smile.

“Yeah, I'll be fine. Just my gills and some webbing so I'll be fine.”

Rain's fingers twitch slightly before he reaches over to take hold of Kali's hand, giving it a soft tug to stop and turn him to face him, which he does, brow raised in confusion. Rain smiles and gently bites at his lower lip as he looks the other ghoul in the eye. Lifting his free hand he points at Kali before raising his hand so his palm is towards his face and he makes a circle motion that ends in a lightly closed fist that lowers as he points to his own chest. That gesture is followed by him spreading his fingers comfortably and motioning back and forth in the distance between them, his other hand that holds Kali's lifting to partially create the other half of the gesture before he points at Kali again, finally lifting his hand not holding Kali's to point towards his eye in a gesture that ends with his hand coming down in a ‘Y’ shape, thumb and pinkie extended out with his pointer, middle and ring fingers curled into his palm which he then moves in a slight side to side motion.

You are beautiful to me no matter what you look like.’

Kali's breath catches slightly and his lip trembles as it pulls into a larger smile, a huff of a laugh slipping past them before he shakes his head. “Only you think so, Rainy.”

Rain frowns and lifts his hand to start signing something but Kali takes hold of it as well, lowering it and moving both his hands until they rest on his hips as he shifts closer. Sure Rain will keep them there he lifts his own hands to gently hold Rain's face, thumb brushing against his cheek, glad they had discarded their masks once they passed the iron gate to Primo's gardens so he could look at and touch him unobstructed. “But you're also the only one I believe when they say it. Only with you do I feel it.”

“Kali…” Rain whispers, hands sliding around his middle.

Kali gently tilts Rain's head down to kiss his forehead before pressing his against Rains taking a deep steadying breath. “You don't have to say anything. Just… just give me this moment. Please.”

Rain nods and closes his eyes as he relaxes against Kali breathing in his familiar scent. It was strong and calming and his body relaxed more, the tension in his back and shoulders ebbing away. He’s not sure how long they stood there, Kali's arms sliding down to wrap around Rain at some point, but he knew he could stay like this for a long time. But, as all good things do, it eventually came to an end as Kali took a deep breath and slowly pulled away with a smile.

“C'mon. We're supposed to be swimming. Unless you've changed your mind?”

Rain laughs and shakes his head, taking Kali's hand once more to lead him down the paths at a quicker pace and in no time they're stumbling to a stop at the edge of the lake, tearing off their clothes and shoes leaving them in their underwear.