Lovers Confessions

"Solros, you haven't turned a page in, like, twenty minutes. Are you even reading?"

Annie frowns with a sigh as she closes her book with a snap, roughly raking her fingers through her hair. "He's supposed to be home tonight, but it's nearly midnight and he's still not here!"

"He said he would be, though. Copia isn't one to go back on what he says. They probably just got held up with something so they're running late."

"I know." Annie sighs again and shifts so she's leaning against her brother. "I bet you're excited to see Rain again."

Kali blushes lightly and gives a half smile as he ducks his head. "It would be a lie to say I'm not. But I'm also nervous."

"Well, I'm happy you're getting another chance with him. You two are so adorable together."

"It's not just the second chance that's got me nervous. Besides the fear that I'll fuck up again I've got Seth to worry about." Kali slouches down into the couch as he drags a hand over his face. "We agreed we would both be with him, would share him and his love because that's what he wants but Seth never really liked me and I doubt he trusts me and for this to work we all need to trust each other."

"You two just need to spend some time together. Talk and get to know each other."

He gives a soft laugh, reaching over to pat her thigh. "It's not always that simple, Solros."

"Won't know until you try though." Annie leans her forehead against his shoulder, sliding her arm through his. "I'm rooting for you in any case."

Kali hums softly and rests his head atop hers and they sit in silence, music playing low in the background from the radio nestled on one of the bookshelves and books forgotten. Annie nearly falls asleep there when a laugh floats down the hall making her eyes blink open. She blinks again to clear them, smiling when familiar laughter and chatting draws nearer and moments later the rest of Copia's ghouls walk through the door led by a very tired looking Aether who gives Annie a warm smile when he sees her.

"Hey, love. I didn't expect to see you down here," he says, leaning to the side as Swiss and Dew brush past, shoving at each other with wide smiles as they go right to the fridge, Swiss doing a double take before breaking out into a wide grin.

"Ayy! There's our witchy lady! Good call on staying glamoured, Lus!"

Cumulus, who looks almost as tired as Aether, gives Swiss a smile and pats his cheek as she moves past them all to step further into the kitchen where she starts looking through the cabinets.

"Why are you guys back so late?" Annie asks, sitting up before lifting to her feet, arms crossing lazily over her chest. "I thought you would've been home hours ago."

Aether sighs and runs a hand over his head, giving an apologetic wince and nod. "Yeah, sorry 'bout that. We had to go back to the abbey after the Ritual and do some summonings before we came home and they took a bit longer than usual. He's up in your rooms, probably taking a shower by now."

Annie looks up at him, eyes widening ever so slightly with a sigh of relief. "He's back."

Aether nods and reaches out to squeeze her shoulder, smiling warmly down at her. "Aye. He's back. Go get him. And Annie?" She looks up at him as he leans over to whisper in her ear.  "I don't know what you have to tell him, but make sure he talks to you, too. He needs to but he's being a stubborn git about it. Don't let him be stubborn."

Annie giggles lightly and nods, giving him a quick, tight hug. "I'm glad you're home. I'll see you later."

Kali walks over, now wearing his mask, and takes her hand with a gentle squeeze before leading her from the room, the others waving and wishing her goodnight as they head down the hall. The only ones they hadn't passed were Cirrus - who they saw as they passed her room, door open to reveal her flopping face first onto her bed in just her underwear - and Rain. Mountain, as always, would be with Lilit so she wasn't worried about him. Rain on the other hand…