Vacation: Days 1&2

A/N:
I live! *insert Mushu rising from the smoke like a zombie*

I'm sorry this update took so long to get out. It's not exactly how I pictured it going for the most part, but I'm finally happy with what I do have.

I hope you all enjoy!

As always, don't forget to like(star/vote) and comment! Your comments are literally what keep me going!

Until next time! 🫡

**********************
_________________________

“What's it look like, Eldfluga?”

“It's like the river back home, expanded outwards until it fades into the horizon. I've never seen so much water.”

Lilit smiled as she linked her arm with her sister's, reaching up to brush her hair from her face as the breeze flutters it around. Gulls cry, the sound of small waves breaking on the sandy beach creating a soft soothing cadence. She wiggled her toes, digging them into the wet sand with a giggle as the water rushes up over her feet in a gentle caress, nudging Annie.

“Can you believe we get to spend two weeks in a place like this?” She turns with Annie, walking back the way they came towards the spacious two story house they'd be staying at for the time being. “Papa was so generous not only giving Copia the time off but letting us use his house.”

“Aye,” Annie smiled, reaching her free arm up to wave at Dew and Swiss who stood on the lower balcony overlooking the beach below, the two ghouls waving back before disappearing into the house. “Copia really needs this break. We all do.”

“I just hope it can withstand all the ghouls. You know how much trouble Swiss and Dew like to get into. Add Ace into the mix?”

Annie laughs openly, shaking her head. “Yeah, but Cumulus and Mysti will keep them in line while they're here.”

“I feel bad Sage and Rain can't join us.”

“You know Rain will be here next week. He wanted to spend some time with Seth.” Annie gently pulls Lilit to a stop, crouching down to examine a shell that caught her attention. “And Sage has his kitchen duties. He's head of the kitchen ghouls after all. Do you really think Clover and Chive can cover that on their own?” She laughs softly, shaking her head. “They couldn't even handle a spider!”

“That spider was massive from what I'd heard.” Lilit smiles and runs her fingers over the shell Annie places in her hand, feeling the coarseness of one side, smooth of the other. “Clover said it was bigger than her face!”

“I mean, yeah she was a bit on the big side. But the point remains. You didn't see them, huddled up on the counters and climbing shelves brandishing frying pans as weapons. It was funny seeing ghouls act like big babies over it.”

“Who's a big baby?”

“Hopefully not this little one!” Lilit laughs, lowering her hand to her stomach. “Nice of you to join us, Kali. Everyone done unpacking?”

The multi ghoul laughs and nods before verbally confirming as he walks over, but he shoots Annie a look that makes her sigh. “Yeah, all except Copia. He's getting in his head about being away for two weeks. Keeps muttering and pacing, moving things about. You should go jack him off or something, Solros. Help him get rid of some of that pent up tension.”

“Kali!” Annie hisses, her face turning bright red. The ghoul laughs at her flustered expression, reaching out to nudge her arm with his fist. She just shakes her head, dragging a hand down her face

“You know I gotta tease ya. What else are brothers for?”

“He's right though,” Lilit chimes in, biting on her lip as her eyes turn away, fighting off a mischievous smile. “It would help. Always calms Mounty down. But..!” She nudges into Annie with a laugh. “You probably should go see if you can calm him down in any case. You've got that magic touch with him and if any of us needs relaxing it's him.”