Chapter 2 - Road to Recovery

Nervous butterflies flap around my stomach, today is my 18th birthday: the day Harry Styles promised to come to Australia to bring me back to England, my old home. I miss all of my old friends, especially Jet and Victoria, I haven't spoken to them in ages.

I haven't talked to Harry either. Now that he is famous and travelling around the world with his band, One Direction, he doesn't have much time.

Has he forgotten about me?

Will he come?

Has fame overtaken him?

This makes me feel a whole lot more nervous, I don't know if I'm ready to just give up my life down in Australia just like that. I have made so many friends in my current school; I have Eliza, Margaret, Grace, Remy, Rose, Dylan, Chace, Jaime and Ruby. They have always been there for me and support my love for art. Except, I haven't told them about Harry, I don't want them to think differently of me, like I used to date a guy from the most popular boy band. I am so proud of him.

I knew he would make it but never this far. I don't know what he'll be like, he could have changed so much from the young, smiling, and protective boy I love. Today is the day I've been waiting for for so long. I'm so glad that I get to see him once again. I still love him.

I wake up at 6:30am, extra early so I can get ready for my day at school. I pull on a pair of black jeans, a plain white top and wrap a red flannel around my waist. I put on a bit of mascara and concealer to make myself look less nervous and tired than I actually am. I straighten my hair and tie it back into a high ponytail, and place the necklace Harry gave me at the airport as a farewell gift: a sliver necklace with a small charm with E.H engraved on it. It's the most beautiful thing ever.

I walk downstairs and am surprised to see my aunty standing in the kitchen making my favourite breakfast: chocolate chip panckes. I give her a bright smile and she beams back at me.

"Hello darling, happy 18th birthday!"

"Thanks Kate, I see your making my favourite?"

"Yes, I want to make this day special for you, you deserve it. Looking forward to school?" she says, looking at me with those kind eyes I have gotten to know so well.

"Yeah, I'm actually really nervous," I sigh

"Don't be, all of your friends will be there and they will support you," she encourages.

"I know," I trail off, avoiding that the fact that I'm nervous is because Harry could be coming at any time.

I have to admit, Harry is pretty hot at the moment, he has long brown hair with beautiful curls that bounce at the bottom. His lips look so soft and pink, just like they used to be. I never allowed myself to forget his taste and smell, it was strong and whenever I was around him I felt safe and loved. I missed him so much when I came here. It was like my heart had been ripped out of my chest, I lost so many people that year. When I came here I hardly talked and ate, my aunty was worried so she took me to counseling. He said this was normal for someone who lost their parents, but I hadn't just lost my parents, I lost my whole world.

He helped me recover, and at school a group of seven boys and girls took me under their wing. They were so nice and welcoming, it was quite overwhelming, all the girls and boys were all so beautiful and handsome; I felt so out of place. They soon became my best friends and we did everything together.

"Pancakes are ready beautiful girl!" Kate snaps me out of my daze.

I sit down at the table and beam up at her, a full stack of pancakes are sitting in front of me. I grin down at them and just imagine how good they are going to taste, the melted chocolate oozes out the sides and the pancakes themselves look fluffy and light: my favourite.

Kate sits down opposite me, watching me very closely.

"So are you doing anything special tonight?" she asks.

"No," I'm just going to be waiting for Harry, my subconscious adds.

"Well whatever you want for dinner, I will prepare."

"Can we have tacos, they were mums favourite," I smile at the memory of her failing to eat them and all of the ingredients fall out everywhere.

"Yes, you know your parents would be so proud of you," she says sympathetically.

"I know, that's why I'm hear," I say weakly, trying to mask the sadness in my voice, but failing miserably.

"Well, eat up, I'm going to go get ready so I can drop you off at school.

"Ok,"

I try to eat but my stomach is a knot of nervousness and excitement, I can't wait to see Harry, he means so much to me and has had such a massive impact on my life. I love him with all of my heart and when he comes back, he will be the last jigsaw piece to mending it once again.