Chapter 5 - What a Mess

I look up at my aunty in disbelief. She has a look on her face saying 'yeah do you like it'. I have to act like I love them. She probably spent over $1000 on these. I can't just turn them down after everything she's given me. I go up and hug her and say thank you before sprinting upstairs and bursting into tears. Harry and I in the same stadium is unimaginable right now, I can't imagine it, being within 10 metres of him makes me cringe. I'll call Margaret and see what she wants to do.

She picks up after three rings.

"Hey babe, how are you? What's wrong? Jack told me everything. I'm coming over now!" she says in a worried tone.

"Thanks, I need to tell you something though," I sniffle.

"Anything, I'm in the car. Bye, love you."

"Love you too."

Five minutes later I hear three knocks on the door. I race down the stairs and open the door. The minute I see her I run into her arms and cry onto her shoulder. She rubs my back and pulls me up to my room. We sit down on the bed and she looks at me like she's about to interrogate me.

"What do you have to tell me?" she says.

"Two things. Firstly, my aunty gave me a birthday present and I was wondering if you'd come," I had her both tickets and when she sees that they're front row to One Direction she screams and looks at me in disbelief. We laugh together and then she calms down. But, then starts to scream again.

"Then why are you so upset?" she looks at me with worry.

"Well, I am sorta in love with Harry Styles," I say timidly.

"Well it's not a bad thing. Seriously, everyone loves One Direction; it's nothing to be sad about. They're the best," she laughs.

"No, I used to date him," I whisper.

Her mouth falls into an 'o' shape. I think she's in disbelief. Then, suddenly she starts to scream. I am just sitting there half laughing, half crying.

"How?" she asks after she has calm down.

I then go on to about how my parents died and how I had to leave Harry the love of my life. I told her about the promise he made about coming back to get me; and then about yesterday when he didn't turn up, but was with Nadine at a café in New York. By the end of the speech I'm crying in her lap and she's stroking my hair.

"You have to win him back, show him what he's missing out on, and anyway it'll be fun. Girl's night out! I'll sneak you in through the back entrance so then we can have fun without him seeing."

"This could actually be fun," I laugh, "we could be spies."

"Yes that's the spirit girl," she high fives me.

"I'm planning your outfit right now," she shouts.

"Yay," I scream.

She goes through my wardrobe and after almost two hours of both trying on outfits we find the one. I'm wearing black jeans and a cropped jumper which has 'au revoir' written over my breasts. Margaret is wearing a short floral skirt and a cropped grey top too.

I'm not letting Harry Styles mess with me and my social life. I should be able to go out with my best friend without feeling afraid and upset. He has ruined the past few days for me, and I'm not going to let that get in the way of the fun I have.

We sit down on my bed and turn on the movie, Pitch Perfect. We sing along to all the songs and dance around like crazy people. I don't know how many times we've watched this, I've lost count, we know all of the lines and the jokes never get old. By the time it finishes it's 10:00 at night. Margaret decides to stay over because we have the concert tomorrow. We both get into our pajamas and fall asleep in bed.