Chapter 12 - New Best Friend

I leave Harry's hotel room in the morning after having a shower and eating breakfast. He gives me a soft kiss goodbye when the elevator arrives and I smile at him as it closes.

He said next time I come over, the three other boys will be there and I'll get to meet them. I have to admit, I'm sort of excited. Even though I am dating a celebrity, I don't consider Harry as a celebrity because I've known him my whole life. All three boys seem like lovely people and I hope Margaret can come with me because I'm not staying in a hotel room with four boys all day. No way.

I step outside the building and I am immediately bombarded with camera flashes. They all shout my name to grab my attention, but I just push past them and make my way down the street. Some follow me and others make their way back to their cars. I hail a cab and step inside. I don't feel like going home so I ask to go the starbucks nearest to my home.

When I get there I pay the driver and step inside. I immediately make eye contact with Jack and I head back outside flustered. It looks like he hasn't slept in ages and he has a massive black I which I can thank Harry for. I hear him run after me so I run down the busy street in order to get away from him. He calls my name and begs for me to stop but I ignore him.

People eye us with suspicion but soon dismiss it, too busy with their lives to care about us teenagers. I take a corner but come to a stop when an arm grasps me. I turn around and see Jack looking down at me sympathetically. I realize that tears run down my face and I wipe them away quickly.

"Please don't cry, Emily," he says as he strokes my hair.

"Don't touch me," I hit away his arm.

"I want to say sorry."

"For what? Hurting me or trying to rape me?" I fume.

"I wasn't' trying to hurt you."

"Well try harder."

He lets out a frustrated sigh and then tries again.

"I love you and there's no denying that," I cringe at his words, "I know I can't do anything about it, but I want you to know that I will try and change your mind. I don't believe Harry is the right dec-"

"Jack, I'm in love with Harry and not you! Can't you see that? I don't want to hurt you. I'm sad we lost our friendship, but I don't want to be anything more than that."

He shakes his head.

"Please, just give me a chance."

"No fucking way," I storm off.

I don't look back but I don't have to to know that I have destroyed him. I imagine him falling down and resting on the wall, tears streaming down his face. I decide to walk the rest of the way home to get some fresh air. But it doesn't really help.

I get home and walk up to my room. I haven't slept here in ages and it feels weird not having Harry around. It' a bit stuffy in here so I decide to open the window and I happen to look down on the outside ledge and a piece of paper is tuck down to the wood.

I take it off and with shaky hands I open it to reveal a short message.

Give Jack a second chance, I don't trust Harry. And remember, I love you x

I stumble backwards and knock into my nightstand. I re-read the note multiple times and the words sink in. Who is this person? What do they want? Why are they looking out for me?

It could be Jack trying to win me over by sending so called romantic notes. It could be a friend who is just trying to share their opinion on my decision. But then I cut both possibilities of because a) Jack has already told me this and b) my friends shouldn't be afraid to talk to me.