Chapter 10 - Precious Protection

Harry and I turn our faces over to look at Jack. Who, may I say, looks like he walked in on his parents having sex. His mouth hangs open and his eyes are wide.

"Emily?" he whispers.

I stand up and turn to Harry.

"I'm sorry, Harry, this shouldn't have happened. I have a study session with Jack now, could you please leave?"

Without saying a word Harry leaves, giving Jack the dirtiest look I have ever seen. Harry must've really wanted that kiss. I can't let him back into my life that quickly.

"Let's go up to my room now," I say to Jack who still hasn't said a word. When we reach my room, I see Harry's jacket on the bed. I'll take it over to him tomorrow.

"Seriously, Em?" Jack shouts, "Harry Styles? You can do so much better than him. You don't know how much pressure it takes to date a celebrity. Do you know what it's like to be stalked? Harry is probably only trying to get into your pants because you're pretty and a virgin. He is so up himself and he couldn't give you any love or kindess."

"How do you know what he's like? He is probably one of the nicest people I have ever met and he cares for me. We go back so far and I love him. He's my best friend ever and you don't even know what it's like being with him. It's like the pressure of the world has been taken off your shoulders. If Harry's not good enough for me, then who is?" Tears stream down my face.

"Are you blind, I'm the one who has always been here for you when you were dad and happy," my mouth falls open as Jack speaks these words, "Emily, I'm in love you."

He walks forward and pushes me against the wall. Oh dear God. I try and turn away and his lips crash against mine. I try to scream, but it's no use. I hear the door open and one second later Jack is on the ground. Harry stands with his fist in the air and he looks at me worriedly. I run into his arms and cry into his chest. I've been doing that a lot lately.

"You should leave, Jack," Harry says sourly, not leaving me.

"Fine," Jack spits and leaves the room.

"Are you okay, baby?" Harry asks me, looking straight into my eyes.

I nod.

"I'm taking you to my apartment now," he says. I pack a bag full of clothes and toiletries and walk out the door. Harry picks me up and walks me downstairs. When we leave the house camera flashes erupt in our faces and I scream. Harry ducks his head and walks me toward the car faster. He puts me in the passenger seat and I hide my face with my hand. Harry gets in his side quickly and drives away. We don't say a word, I'm too stunned and Harry is very angry. He grips the steering wheel.

"Harry? Are you okay?" I whisper.

"I'm fine, how about you?" he asks sympathetically.

"Um, I'm fine," I try to assure Harry and myself.

Harry sees my worry; he takes me hand and presses it up against his lips. His lips are warm and soft, he's love towards me soothes me and all of my sadness is washed away.

We sit in the car in complete silence. But it's a comfortable one. Harry looks tired, it looks like he's been through a lot today. We park in the underground car park so the paparazzi can't capture us in their flashes. He picks me up again and we hop in the lift. We head to the top and when the lifts open, Harry sits me down on the couch and then lowers himself next to me.

"Sorry, I kicked you out," I whisper to Harry.

"No, no, sweetheart, it's okay," he coos.

"Why did you come back?" I ask as he tucks my hair behind my ear.