Chapter 8 - Friend Zoned

Emily's POV

After Harry cancelled his flight while I waited in the gate 34 waiting area. I check my phone and call Margaret who finds this whole situation hilarious. I feel someone tap my shoulder and I look up.

"So, do you wanna go?" Harry asks timidly. He looks so different, more mature. His hair is so long and he has a slight stubble now. He looks so perfect and handsome.

"Sure," I say snapping out of my trance. The guards cleared out the fans so me and Harry could leave and there is a car that we have hired to drive home waiting outside. I keep a gap between us, we're not an official couple yet, we're just friends.

"So, how have you been?" he asks; this feels freakin' weird.

"Um, okay," I sigh, "look I've made great friends and I'm recovering from my parents. So, considering what I've gone through I'm okay."

"I'm glad to hear that, Emily," his voice is so much deeper than the one I was so used to long ago.

"You know, you've changed a lot. Especially your hair," I say as I poof it up with my hand.

"First of all, my looks have changed, and secondly, don't touch my hair," he laughs, I laugh along.

"Ok, well have I changed?" I ask.

"Yeah, you're so hot now, not that you weren't before," he smiles.

"Well you are hot now too," I blush as I nudge his side.

"Thanks," he smirks. He's definitely got a whole lot more playful.

"So how's your mum and Gemma?"

"They're good, I don't really see them that much anymore," he says sadly.

"Yeah, I know how you feel," shit, way to make it feel awkward Emily, "sorry."

"It's okay," he laughs, "Emily, your smile hasn't changed at all."

"Yeah, I remember you told me that it was the most beautiful thing ever at least everyday when we used to date," I grin.

"Ah, the good old days, too bad it isn't still the same."

"Yeah," I sigh, "I mean, I'm fine now, I'm happy and that's what matters," I'm not letting Harry get to me that easily.

"Are you sure?"

"Positive," I respond a bit too quickly.

"Okay, well I'll make you see about that," he smiles cheekily, not looking at me.

Damn this boy was smooth and it made me weak. We reach the exit and I see Margaret has already left and the fans are all jumping around outside, blocking us from leaving.

"Harry? How do we get out?" I look up at him worriedly, panicking.

"It's okay, I'll keep you safe," he says as he plants a kiss on top of my head. It sends shivers down my spine and I try not to show him what affect he has on me.

"Harry, we're supposed to be friends," I look up at him in a serious way.

"Whatever," he mutters in a tone that says 'I know you will fall for me sooner or later', "and anyway, friends can protect friends."

"But they can't kiss them," I say. But Jack has kissed my head so many times; does he really like me more than a friend? I shake the thought from my head and turn to Harry.

"So how are we getting out?"

"Right now the security guards are making a little walkway for us and my bodyguard, Paul, is going to walk us out. But don't worry, I will be holding you and protecting you the whole time. I won't let them touch you."