Chapter 13 - Crashing Down

I wake up in the morning and walk over to the window. I open the curtains and my breath is taken away. The view is incredible. The skyscrapers shoot up from the ground and car move slowly along the ground like ants. I walk downstairs and see Harry sitting down on a couch reading a magazine.

He's wearing a pair of black glasses, which make him look extremely hot. I walk up behind him and give him a kiss on his temple. He looks up at me surprised and immediately flips the magazine over and throws it to the side. I give him a suspicious glance but think nothing of it.

I hear a gag coming from the kitchen and turn around to see Louis sticking his tongue down his throat, pretending to gag at our kiss. I roll my eyes and give him a fake smile. "Well hello Louis."

"Hello, Emily, good morning, I'm making you breakfast, so be a good girl and don't kiss Harry."

"And what if I'm not?" I say as I cross my arms over my chest.

"I'll show you how to behave," he smirks. I choke on the air and Harry sends Louis a glare.

I sit down at the table and wait patiently for Louis to finish cooking bacon and eggs on toast, with roast tomato and spinach. I reach for the magazine, Harry tries to pull it away but I snatch it back away from his grasp. On the front there are pictures of Harry and me at the club and numerous times before that. They're predicting that we are boyfriend and girlfriend. Which is true, but I feel like my privacy is being invaded. Can't I be in a normal relationship? Obviously not when you're dating Harry Styles.

Harry looks at me apologetically.

"It's not your fault, Harry," I say soothingly.

"I want to protect you,"

"Harry, I don't need protecting, I chose the paparazzi."

"Yes you do now that you have a stalker," he mumbles.

I completely forgot about the notes, and I feel somewhat scared now that I know, someone wants me to leave Harry. Harry can sense that I feel unsafe, so he wraps his arms around me and whispers in my ear, "I'll keep you safe, no matter what."

"I love you," I say into his shoulder.

"Am I ruining a moment or do I have to teach you a lesson?" Louis raises his brows.

"No, thanks for making breakfast," I smile as I pull away from Harry.

"No problem, Emily."

"Smells good," Harry says taking a bite. I have to admit Louis is a good cook.

As I am finishing, I hear the elevator ring and I get up to go answer it. When the doors open, there is a single piece of paper and my stomach drops. I pick it up and unfold it.

Emily, please do as I say, don't go get drunk because of me, don't be afraid, you have to know that I love you and there is no need for me to frighten you. Please, just leave Harry, I don't trust him x

I let out a whimper and fall to the floor in tears. I rest against the wall and bring up my knees to support my face. I hug them close to my chest and don't make any effort in wiping my tears away. Harry and Louis run through the door, they both look worried and when they spot me they jog up to me. Harry picks my up and brings me to the living room and lies me down on the couch.

My head rests on his chest and I cry into it. I feel Louis rubbing my back and Harry making small circles with his thumb on my hand.

"What's wrong, baby?" Harry asks, his voice tinged with worry.

I hand him the note and I don't say a word. Neither does he. When he reads the note I feel him tense. He wraps his arms around me and kisses my head. I feel safer already, like Harry will let nothing happen to me.