Chapter 51: The Sage of Spirit

The six of you cautiously approached the floating purple stone. You led the way with Mineru's construct. Your eyes gazed upon its sparkling aura. It seemed to pull you closer and closer, and you knew why. It was confirmed only minutes ago, thanks to the sudden new power that you had acquired. You no longer could deny it.

A violet light flashed from your father's pad. He immediately took it out, and a small blue ball of light appeared from its screen. It looked exactly like the mystical balls seen all over the Depths. The ball then flew towards the sacred stone and formed the body of a female Zonai: Mineru. She rested her feet gently on the rugged tiles. You all looked up at the woman in awe as she reached her hand to the stone. With a single tap of her finger, the stone jolted towards you. You lifted your finger hesitantly and looked to Mineru with uncertainty, unsure if the stone truly chose right. She only nodded her head, and you glanced down at your hand and clicked the stone with your fingertip. A giant flash of light enveloped every one of you.

It was the same atmosphere that all the Sages had been in when speaking to the former Sages. Link stepped slightly closer to your side, and Mineru gave a slight nod, acknowledging him. "Zelda asked me to aid you, Link. I am Mineru, one of the Zonai, and, now, the former Sage of Spirit. I am glad to meet you, Link. As well as your daughter and your worthy allies."

She then turned her attention to you and took a step closer. "I must thank you, ____. It is because of you that my sacred stone was found. Originally, I was supposed to awaken once Link had first found the Purah Pad, and lead him to my construct so that I could fight alongside him. That was my plan, as my theory was firm in that, since I have no descendants, the power of spirit would not carry well through Rauru and Sonia's line. I realized that my theory was wrong once Prince Izaak entered into the spirit world."

Mineru held her hand out to her side, and Izaak formed in particles of blue light. Everyone gasped, yet you were speechless. Your father was on the cusp of tears, dumbfounded.

"Believe it or not, even spirits are not always up to date on what is happening in the physical world. He told me what had happened to your light connection, and that's when I realized the potential for something quite extraordinary. I've had my eyes set on you for years to take my place."

"So all those times when Izaak helped me feel my light power..." you mumbled, your gaze drifting to Izaak.

"You have a strong connection to the spirit world—your spirit power. Without it, your access to that light inside you would not be possible. Now that thread is completely broken because of the gloom ripping it apart, and such a trivial thing is now a blessing. Now you can see your spiritual strength to its full potential. You've proven it only moments ago, despite barely having any training. Your skills are quite adept, and I am beyond proud of your efforts. I have no fear."

The room began to haze, signifying that it's end was near. Link began to stammer, "W-Wait! We can't just slip past the fact that my dead son is standing right in front of me! Give me a moment! A-And Mineru, please, can you tell me what happened to Zelda? Where is she? Where is the Master Sword?"

Izaak folded his arms and chuckled, "Sorry dad, I want more time with you too, but it looks like we'll have to wait a few more decades before that can happen."

Mineru gave an encouraging smile. "Us spirits are not normally able to spend time between the physical and spiritual world for such long periods of time. It is for our own safety. Now as for your question about Zelda and the Master Sword..."

Suddenly, another vision flashed before everyone's eyes. Zelda held the Master Sword horizontally in her hands. She was in Mineru's study. The wounded Sage of Spirit spoke, "You're saying this sword travelled through time the same way you did?"