Chapter 50: The Spirit Temple

You climbed your way up Mineru's Construct and sat in the control unit on its upper back. There were several buttons and levers, most likely to control the movement of the hands and legs. Sidon gently touched the arm of the construct and craned his neck up at you. He couldn't help but admire the focus in your eyes.

"Okay, let's go to this shelving..." you said, pushing a lever forward. It jerked the construct a single step, but you pulled back immediately from the surprise, causing the construct to pull backwards. You quickly move the lever about until the machine was stable again. You let out a relieved sigh, "I'll get used to it."

Sidon chuckled as he followed you to the shelving on the octagonal flooring. As you both crossed onto it, Mineru's voice rung loud and clear, "The weapons here can draw forth the true power of this construct. Attach one to a hand and your power in combat will be magnified severalfold. The road to my sacred stone is long and arduous. I recommend that you make stops at each armory along the way."

"Will do! So if I want to attach stuff to this..." You pointed the construct's left arm to a shock emitter and pressed a button. The emitter flew to the construct's arm and welded itself to its fingertips. "Woah!"

"Try using this spiked ball," Sidon suggested.

You held the construct's right arm to it, and the ball fused itself with the right arm. You swung the right arm through the air. "Oh yeah, that's going to do some damage!"

Sidon turned over his shoulder and squinted his eyes through the dim light. He noticed a small group of construct enemies not too far off. "Let's practice against those enemies."

You followed him to the small group of Zonai constructs, and you held the construct's right arm high in the air. "Stand back, Sidon!"

You whacked an enemy away with your spiked ball. Another enemy construct came towards you, and you stopped it in its tracks with your shock emitter. Once it was stunned, you slapped it away with your spiked ball. The enemies began to close in again, and you continued the routine of stunning then attacking. The battle quickly turned out in your favor, and the enemies were destroyed.

"This thing isn't bad!" You patted the construct's shoulder.

"Now just imagine what more it can do when it has more powerful weapons," Sidon hinted. He began to lead you forward to the next armory. It was guarded by a group of three moblins. "Surely these monsters won't be any match for you."

"You would be right."

"Then I'll leave two of these monsters to you."

Sidon jumped forward and began to lead a moblin away from the group. You whacked away one of the moblins and stunned the other. The two monsters began to growl, and they raised their weapons high into the air. Unsure of how to perform your next action, you braced yourself and crossed your arms in front of your face. You were surprised to hear the equivalent of glass breaking, and you peered through your arms to see the construct copying your action. A large, blue, hexagonal energy shield floated in front of you. The two moblins had taken a few steps back from the rebound.

"How did it... I didn't even use any buttons or levers..." you muttered, slowly lowering your hands, the shield dispersing.

A moblin roared and tried to ram its club into the construct's side. You quickly crossed your hands, cresting the shield once more. When the moblin was recovering from the knockback, you immediately stunned it after. You whacked it with the ball then punched the other moblin with it. You began to overwhelm them with your attacks, shielding yourself when needed. Soon enough the monsters were conquered, and Sidon walked over to you, having defeated his monster minutes prior.