A Year Later (Once More)

3rd P.o.v

Nicholas leaves a cottage and checks that it's locked and walks and opens his gate. He closes the gate before walking to his car. He clicks a button to unlock it and gets in.

He turns it on and drives to get a bouquet of flowers before driving to the cemetery. He gets out and walks through the cemetery and stops at one of the graves. "Hope these are okay." At the moment, all is seen on the grave is 'Butterman.'

Right before he lays them down, a female voice is heard. "Yeah. They're lovely." Nicholas looks over to see (Y/n) walking towards him with a smile. She stops right beside him, grabs the flowers, and places them on the grave, revealing it to be her mother's grave.

They walk back to Nicholas' car and watch the town, making sure nothing disturbs the peace. As they are driving, the radio goes off. "Any officers near the church?" Doris asks through the radio.

Nicholas picks up the radio. "Go ahead Doris." He tells her.

"Chief, we've had a report of some hippy types messing with the recycle bins at the supermarket." She tells them.

"Leave it with us." Nicholas says, and she gives acknowledgement that she heard. He turns towards (Y/n). "Sergeant Butterman. Little hand says it's time to rock and roll."

She smiles at him. He leans forwards and she gives him a small kiss on the lips. "I love you." She says before putting on her sunglasses. "Bring the noise." She says seriously as they speed to the supermarket.

" She says seriously as they speed to the supermarket