Talking about Skellingtons

Your P.o.v

I wait a while in the courtyards, hoping nothing has happened to Nicholas and Danny. I would have gone after him, but when he gets serious like that, I know better than to go against his word.

I sit at the table that the NWA was sitting at when Danny pops up. I stand back up. "Danny! Is everything okay? Is Nicholas okay?" I ask.

He nods his head. "Yes, just follow me." I follow him to his car and get in the passenger's seat. He gets in the driver's seat and drives off. As he drives, he explains what happened, and how Nicholas is in the boot of the car.

I see the 'YOU ARE NOW LEAVING SANDFORD' sign, and I look at Danny. He drives a little bit more out of the village and stops. He gets out of the car, and I follow. We get to the boot of the car and Danny opens it.

Inside it, is Nicholas with his eyes open, knife in the now bloodied notebook I gave him, giving off the illusion he's dead. Danny lifts up a ketchup pack. "Ta-daaaa." Danny says weakly.

Nicholas moves his head up a bit. "What are you doing?" He asks him in a whisper.

I walk forward to the boot and take out the knife. "Saving your skin." I say as Danny reaches out a hand and helps Nicholas out of the boot. I close the boot door.

"This is murder!" Nicholas exclaims, talking about the NWA.

"It's not, it's ketchup." Danny tells him.

"He's not talking about that, Danny, He's talking about all the others." I tell him.

"What others?" Danny asks, confused.

"The others, the NWA have murdered." Nicholas tells him in a hectic tone.

"That's not true." Danny denies it.

"It is!" Me and Nicholas tell him.

"Dad just said it's his special club. He..." He pauses for a moment. "I thought it was about rapping people on the knuckles and sending them on their way." I tilt my head, confused on why Danny knew of their little 'club,' but didn't know of it.

Nicholas points away into a field. "There are skeletons back there!" He exclaims.

"I don't know nothing about no skellingtons." Danny says in a shaky voice.

"Was Popwell down there?" I ask hesitantly. When Nicholas nods, I let out a sob. He was like a father to me more than my own.

Nicholas looks back at Danny. "What do you think was happening?" He asks him.

Danny shakes his head. "Not this!" Danny exclaims.

Nicholas moves his hand up and down. "It's Frank." He exclaims. "He's appointed himself judge, jury and executioner." He tells him.

Danny shakes his head again. "He's not Judge Judy and executioner." He exclaims.

"He is!" He shouts and looks at us. "You've gotta help me take him down." He tells us.

Danny looks away for a moment. "I can't. He's my dad. Take my car. Go back to London. There's nothing you can do." He tells Nicholas.

Nicholas opens his mouth and looks at the field and back at us. "I can come back." He states. "I can back, and I can bring the blue fury of the Metropolitan Police Service with me."

I look at him sadly. "They'll make it all disappear." I say solemnly as Danny says it sadly and in a louder voice. "Who are they gonna believe? My dad, or a loony London police officer?" Danny adds.

Nicholas grabs Danny by his jacket. "But it won't be just me, will it?" he asks. "We can do this together. The three of us. Partners." He states.

Danny shakes his head. "Forget it, Nicholas. It's Sandford." Danny holds out the car keys, and Nicholas takes them.

Nicholas takes the keys and looks at me. "Come with me, two is better than one." He says, trying to persuade me.

I slowly shake my head. "I can't. Someone needs to protect Danny, and I think no one is more qualified than me." I say, teary-eyed.

Nicholas walks forward and places a hand on my shoulder. "But the NWA said..." He begins to say, but I hold up my hand.

"I know, I heard. But if you do bring back the Metropolitan Police Service back with you, it might be best to have someone stay just in case of something happening, even if that means death for them." I nod my head towards the car. "Go, you'll be safe." I tell him.

Nicholas goes to walk towards the car but stops and looks at me. He comes closer and gives me a hug, and I hug him back. "I'll miss you." He whispers before letting go of the hug and walking to the car.

He looks at us one more time before getting in the car and driving off. "I love you, Nicholas Angel." I whisper before breaking down into tears. Danny walks up and hugs me, knowing it'll be rough for a while.