• CHAPTER 24 •

JACKSON'S POV

Vlad and Leila are both tied to chairs.

they stare at me; Leila's eyes hold fear, and Vlad's show amusement.

He's still laughing.

I punch him, enjoying his groans.

they are both covered in blood, blood that isn't enough for what they did to raven.

they should suffer more in hell.

"If papa and mama saw you right now, they would be the ones pulling the trigger" I tell them.

"You will be forgotten overnight, because we don't ever want to hear about a disgrace you have caused upon our family" I tell them.

pulling my gun out I stare at them.

Vlad stares at me with challenge yet worry, and fear.

I cared for him when he was younger, I played with him, I helped him through heartbreak.

why did he have to do this to me? to raven, who only ever cared for him ever since she met him.

I pull at my hair, moving back I pace back and forth.

I don't know if I can do this.

I relax as I feel raven's hand on my back. "Jackson, it's ok if you can't do it" she whispers, kissing my arm.

I look at her, she's been in hell all this time.

she didn't deserve this, no one does.

"We could have someone else to do it," she tells me, I shake my head.

tears cloud my vision once again.

I turn back and look over at my brother and Leila.

they chose betrayal over stability and family.

As I look into my brother eyes, two loud shots ring out into the air.

Both Vlad and Leila fall back, their bodies now limp, and blood gushing out of them.

I look to my left and Colby stands beside me, a gun on his side.

I get closer and hug him, he stands still, no emotion.

I grab his gun and throw it near the door. "Colby" I whisper, I kiss his head.

"uncle jack" he whispers, I cry remembering the look on my brothers face as he died.

they felt the same thing I felt; betrayal.

I hug Colby tighter against my chest.

Raven get's closer also hugging him, tears slip from her eyes.

I cup her cheek and pull her closer.

"I'm sorry," He whispers. I shake my head. "don't ok, it's ok" I whisper, closing my eyes.

"they hurt aunt raven, t-they needed to pay for what they did, I'm sorry aunt raven" He says, sobbing.

"oh mijo, I'm sorry" she sniffles. "take him upstairs, I'll be there in a few" I tell raven, She nods her head and hugs him.

"Let's go," she whispers, leading him upstairs.

I dry my tears and take a few deep breaths.

THIRD'S POV

Raven combs Colby's hair as he lays on her lap, hugging her.

he's sobbing. "They deserved it; they were shitty parents and horrible to you." He says, "I'm sorry, honey," and he shakes his head. "I'm sorry," he whispers.

"Stop apologizing, hijo; it's ok," Raven says, hurt by what his parents have caused him to do.

COLBY'S POV

I fall on the bed, feeling numb to the pain.

I thought it would hurt more, but I only feel horrible for what they did to Aunt Raven.

I stare up at the ceiling.

My door slams open, and I look to my right.

"I heard," she says, tears rolling down her face. I sigh, opening my arms.

I hold her in my arms. She's what I need now.

"Baby, I'm so sorry; I should have been there." I stop her from continuing. "They deserved it," I tell her. She shakes her head and sits up.

"You've been crying," she says, holding my face. I lean against her touch.

She cries again. "I'm so sorry, babe," she says, kissing me. I nod my head. "Stop apologizing," I beg. She shakes her head, wiping away her tears.

I stare at her for a moment, and I notice something different.

I pull her head up with my index finger.

"what's wrong?" I ask, sitting straighter. She shakes her head. "It isn't a good time," she whispers. I make her look at me.

"No, you will tell me right now. What's wrong, baby? I ask, feeling nervous.

"I'm pregnant," she whispers. I pause; I didn't hear her correctly. "You're pregnant?" I ask, and she nods her head.

"Yes," she says. I don't know why, but my first reaction is to kiss her and hug her.

"I'm going to be a dad," I whisper. It should feel wrong to be happy right now, especially after I just killed my parents.

but I feel like I'm getting another chance at being happy. Having a family of my own to protect and cherish.

"Why are you happy?" she asks, worry evident in her eyes.

"I'm going to be a dad," I say, and she looks at me weird. "You shouldn't be happy; we're still young; we graduate high school in two weeks; and forgive me for saying this, but you just killed your parents," she says. I smile at her.

"You're scaring me," she says, cupping my face.

"I'm scared, but I'm happy, because you and our little one are my new chance at happiness and a loving family," I tell her. She looks at me with sadness.

"You really think that?" she asks. I nod my head and lean in to kiss her.

"I already told my dad," she admits. I laugh. "You told him?" I ask, and she nods her head.

"Yes, he's mad, but he's also glad that you're actually part of the mafia, and he actually trusts you to protect us," she says. I kiss her again.

"Perfect," I whisper, and she smiles.

"What are we going to do?" She asks, "We're going to raise our little love bug and show him or her what real family is and real love." I tell her, and she leans in and lays on my chest.

We lay back and enjoy our embrace. I'm lucky. I'm so lucky.

 I'm so lucky