Chapter 22

On the way to the next destination, we go to a digging site. The archaeologists there find a golden mask and a staff, but it is stolen by Team Rocket. They use it to control all of our Pokemon except for Golbat, even I was affected. But when they are about to leave, they notice that the control only works when they are inside the border. The trio tries to run away, but thanks to Lillie and East using Golbat, they all evolve into Crobat and send them flying while taking back the golden mask and the staff.

Crobat: The Bat Pokemon: Poison and Flying Type. Evolved from Golbat when leveled up with high friendship. The development of wings on its legs enables it to fly fast but also makes it tough to stop and rest.

Then we pass by a town, we find an egg left under a tree in a park. Kris takes it and then keeps it by her side since no one is willing to take it. Team Rocket tries to steal the egg, and then we have a chase, with the Team Rocket Trio chasing us for the egg. When we hide in a building, the egg starts to hatch. It is a Smoochum. She first sees Kris, which lets Kris capture her. But then Team Rocket finds us, Kris asks Smoochum to use Icy Wind, which freezes the trio and Togetic blasts them off with a Metronome attack that turns into Moonblast. Before leaving the town, Kris names the Smoochum Chunee.

Then we stare upon a Pokémon Center across a fairly large river. It seems to be popular for its specialty of caring for Water-type Pokémon. We find something in the water and decide to look, and we see a person in a full scuba suit holding a Goldeen coming out of the water. The person speaks and two Chansey come along with a fish tank. Given the sign, Nurse Joy is behind the suit.

"Nurse Joy? What are you doing here?" I ask as she puts the Goldeen in the tank and the suit opens up the top half part. "Oh, I am doing my work, that is all."

Reisa seems to look up to her, because of the specialty of caring for Water Pokémon. Joy goes off mentioning her work to them.

Kris finds a book that has a story written by Joy, but really it is written by Joy's grandmother. She explains that this place used to be a wasteland, uninhabitable by anybody, and that she is finding out the cause. Ash finds another book written by Joy, but that one is Joy's mother. She explains that she helped the Grimer and Muk who poisoned the area get out. But seemingly, enough with the small talk, just wants to get business over with.

"So, Nurse Joy, can you heal my Pokemon?" Reisa asks.

Surprisingly, Joy backs away scared, leaving everyone puzzled. "Sorry, it is just that I don't like Water Types quite a few times."

She explains that she was out with her mom looking over some Water Pokémon by the river in a boat. A Remoraid popped out and squirted her in the face for a while and Joy (the younger one) fell into the water. Joy's mother tried to help but more Remoraid gathered around and squirted Joy back up. Joy's mother tried to tell her that it was alright, but Joy couldn't seem to get the fright out.

"I am sorry..." Joy says to her. Reisa sighs and says, "I see. It was fine."

But in the meantime, they go over to where most of the Water Pokémon are and take a look around. Reisa captures a Starmie and a Tentacruel on the way. They then see a Gyarados, who seems to have a "neck" problem.

"A Gyarados...it looks like it is hurt!" Ethan says. Nurse Joy is feared of it, but she decides to save him without the suit.

"How about I help you?" Reisa offers, to which Nurse Joy nods.

Reisa calms Gyarados down and Nurse Joy heals it. Soon, the Gyarados are cured.

"I am glad that was over..." Nurse Joy sighs in relief.

"You did a good job despite you didn't like water types." Lillie smiles at her.

Reisa then walks towards Gyarados. "You know what, do you want to come with me?" Reisa asks. Gyarados nods as Reisa takes out another Pokeball and captures him. Then we bid farewell and continued our journey to Olivine City.