The first night

WeimarRepublic2 couldn't help but draw this adorable bean.

Young ger is adorable

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The first night

Reich steps out of the private car towards his big residency. Of course Berlin is waiting for him there and takes his jacket upon stepping inside.

"How's the situation" reich shortly asks while walking down the big hallway.

"The kitchen has prepared a wonderful meal tonight, the plan to get rid of unwanted peope is running smoothly and the economy is going upwards." Berlin replies while they walk towards the dining area.

"And the child?" Reich replies while sitting down, getting offered a glass of the very best wine by a servant.

"Washed and fed, sir" Berlin explains but from his tone alone reich concludes that there is more than that. Berlin beats him to it though and speaks up before he can ask.

"After getting fed it was very hard to get it to sleep again and it only stopped crying after powering itself out." Berlin elaborates, internally cringing at the fiasco that happened not long ago.

His ears are still ringing from the high pitched wailing that happened right after it got changed out of the cloth it was wrapped up in.

He is unsure how to tell reich about the unusual chirping noises the child sometimes made though.

"Is it sick?" Reich asks, his attention diverted to the piece of grilled filet that gets placed in front of him.

"The doctor declared it completely healthy and it's a boy" Berlin answers immediately. The room falls silent while reich is eating the tender meat.

"I thought about naming it Germany" reich states out of nowhere.

"An excellent choice, sir" Berlin replies more out of habit than an actual compliment. 'Germany' is about the most basic name reich could have come up with. No prefixes, no titles, no special meaning. Just 'land of Germans'. He is not going to voice his opinion to reich though.

"Anything else i can help you with?" He offers but reich shakes his head.

"I don't want to be bothered till tomorrow" he answers sharply to which Berlin nods and leaves the room. Reich is someone who needs sleep to be somewhat pleasant to be around therefore Berlin will handle every matter for him during the night.

He will dissappear into his own room for the time being and perhaps check up on Sofia, the lady in charge of feeding little Germany.

When reich is done with his meal he also walks to his chambers and sees a little crib in the neighbouring room. Inside is his supposed son, sleeping already.

"Germany..." reich mumbles quietly while standing next to the crib.

He feels conflicted looking at his child.

On one side he has no actual feelings for the little thing but something still draws him to it. Perhaps it's those warm golden eyes with which Germany looked at him today?

Reich leaves the room quietly again to dissappear into his own bedroom. He is tired so falling asleep happens fast. He has no idea what kind of night he is about to have.

Midnight
Reich gets woken by the loud sound of a baby crying. With a growl he rolls over to grab the telephone that is on his nightstand.

With the push of a button he calls Berlin and after a second ring the state answers. "Ello?" It comes half asleep from the other side.