The second night

A very very accurate picture of Berlin for today by Morizzler (Discord)

I love that little crownand baby ger is just adorable <3

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Reich is dreading the second night already.

According to the servants and Berlin, Germany has spent most of his day either sleeping or crying. They will have a loyal doctor look him over tomorrow to see if there is anything that the previous doctor might have missed.

Reich has been playing with the idea of getting Switzerland involved by now but immediately trashed that.

Nobody should know he has a child.

A illegitimate one at that.

Germany's flag seems to slowly form though, by now only two grey, horizontal stripes being visible though, possible indicators that the end flag will be tricoloured.

Exhausted from the lack of sleep and his stressful day reich walks into his own room, seeing some letters laying on the table. He lazily flips through them to see if there is anything important in there.

Some are rather important messages from the military leadership, they still aren't really fond of the Führer yet and therefore need some appeasement.

They have the technical strength to overthrow the current government and that's something reich absolutely doesn't want to happen.

Luckily they have the common goal of renouncing the Treaty of Versailles, expanding the German armed forces and to destroy any communist threat.

There is also a League of Nations meetings coming up on the 19th so Reich needs to prepare for it.

LoN is the international organization created after world war 1 with its headquarter in Geneva, Switzerland. In Reich's personal opinion the league is nothing more than a puppet for the British and French to exert power over weaker nations.

The meeting is mandatory as well which is even more annoying.

The other letters aren't really important, just some information about how smoothly Dachau and other camps are starting to work. They are constantly filled with opposition leaders and people unwilling to accept his rule.

Reich puts the less important letters away to be a tomorrow-him problem and starts to prepare himself for bed.

A knock interrupts him though.

"What?" He asks loudly, annoyance clearly in his voice. "Germany is fed and asleep again next door, sir." Berlin answers immediately to which reich grumbles slightly. He nearly forgot about that.

If this thing wakes him just once tonight.....

"keep it that way" he replies before turning off the lights and disappearing underneath the blankets.

He is knocked out cold in an instant.

How naive of him.

He actually does sleep through the first time little Germany scream-chirps his lungs out again, much to sleep deprived Berlin's luck.

Therefore when he gets inevitability woken up by the noise of high pitched wailing again he has managed to have some few hours of sleep already.

Reich tosses around in his bed, trying to ignore the noises his son is making.

It appears to work.

After a few minutes the crying switches to a form of rapid chirping which also dies down in a full total of about 10 minutes.

Reich huffs slightly before rolling around in bed again.

He will simply ignore some ten minutes tantrum and if it's something important then Berlin will take care of it.

Sleep catches up to him faster than his tired mind can fully understand the implications of Berlin sleeping at the opposite end of the building and Germany's screaming properly not reaching that far.

About 2 hours later reich gets roused again by Germany chirping.

It's quieter this time and if reich had any sympathy left in his tired self he might have described the sounds as scared or desperate.

He doesn't care enough though and promptly puts the pillow over his ear and continue dreaming about his glorious empire once every jew is gone.

He doesn't wake up again till the next day despite little ger calling out again numerous times, enough to strain those vocal cords to the maximum.

When Berlin wakes up the next day to watch the kid he finds the little one coughing and with a sore throat.

He has rarely brought someone quicker to the doctor before.

"With the way he has been constantly crying whenever he isn't either eating or sleeping it honestly doesn't surprise me that he has a sore throat" Berlin explains while the doctor is checking up on the little baby.

"I can see that, the inside of his throat is awfully swollen. I will give you a mild medicine and if the symptoms get worse i ask you to come to me again." The doctor, one of the most loyal ones they have, says before looking at Germany again.

Just in this second the little nation lets out a lone and raspy chirp. "That's not a normal baby sound" the doctor states worried to which Berlin elaborates with a "it could be because his family is known for having wings. At least that's how i try to explain those noises."

The doctor has the audacity to turn around and stare at him for a few seconds before resuming his task.

"Please keep an eye on those noises but otherwise this little baby here seems completely healthy" he finishes his assessment before handing Berlin the little bundle.

"Send the medicine to reichs abode" Berlin orders before leaving the room to return Germany back to the nannies in charge of taking care of Germany.

Reich catches him before he can get there though.

"Where have you been, state?" Reich roughly demands to know while clutching a cup of coffee in his hand.

"At the doctor with Germany. The little angel has a sore throat from all that crying but that's nothing we can't cure." Berlin replies and smiles slightly when Germany grabs his shirt.

Reich looks at him with a dangerous glint in his eyes.

"Are you getting soft?" Reich asks and from the tone alone cold sweat runs down Berlin's back.

"No, sir" he replies as rigid as possible while reich stalks around him like a predator hunting prey.

"Who do your alliance lie?" Reich inquires to which Berlin lets out an immediate "You sir" his breath hitches though when he feels reichs razor sharp fingernails on the side of his head, the place where reich usually puts his hand whenever he turns someone's brain into mush.

"And don't ever forget that. I'd be forced to hurt you otherwise" reich says in that sickly sweet voice before retreating a bit to take a sip of his coffee.

"You're not going to interact with Germany any further and relocate him to the guest villa on the outskirts of Berlin. When you've fulfilled your duty to find a group of servants to deal with the child then none if you states ever set foot in that building again without my permission. Do you understand me?" Reich orders with a snarl and Berlin salutes immediately before hurrying off to fulfill reichs order.

The second mansion is on a big private patch of land and a good car ride away from any civilization and therefore the perfect place to raise a child. Also there are already servants working at that place so integrating some nursery maids should be simple.

Berlin grabs Germany's tiny hands and pulls the shirt fabric out of them while they walk.

Better not get attached to him.....

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Oop

What's with the chirping?....