𝟎𝟖

- Blood Eagle

 A couple of days later, Freya was sat beside Ragnar in front of the fire in the Great hall as Ragnar held a mouse by its tail teasing his daughter who squealed loudly backing away from him with her eyes wide, " Don't even think about

A couple of days later, Freya was sat beside Ragnar in front of the fire in the Great hall as Ragnar held a mouse by its tail teasing his daughter who squealed loudly backing away from him with her eyes wide, " Don't even think about. Ragnar, I swear to God..." she firmly spoke causing Ragnar to laugh loudly in amusement when King Horik walked into the room with his son and a few of his men making his way over to Ragnar who was sat with his daughter.

"Are you going to proceed with the execution of Jarl Borg?" Horik immediately questioned getting straight to the point as Ragnar slammed the mouse he held by the tail onto the table killing it instantly, " I am" Ragnar nodded his head in confirmation as he began skinning the mouse not looking up at Horik who clenched his jaw in frustration and stated, "I understand your reasons. At the same time, without Jarl Borg's ships and warriors, we cannot hope to mount a successful raid on Wessex"

Freya scoffed rolling her eyes as she twirled the knife that she had in her hands, " we will find another ally" she informed with a shrug of her shoulders as Horik glanced at the auburn haired girl before turning his attention to Ragnar with an inpatient look on his face, " when?" Ragnar sighed as he looked up at King Horik trying to hide his annoyance and answered, " soon. I have sent out word"

The auburn haired girl narrowed her eyes at Horik a large scoff escaping her lips, " are you seriously suggesting that my father should reprieve Jarl Borg as if nothing has happened?" Horik shook her head in response as he looked between the father and daughter duo, " No, I am merely asking you to stay your hand until another ally is found. The execution of Jarl Borg made public would surely discourage and deter any possible partners"

Ragnar stayed silent for a moment sharing a look with Freya before sighing in defeat and spoke up, " Fine. I shall wait" Horik nodded his head turning around to leave the great hall with his son as Ragnar called out to him, "But at least we are still allies, King Horik." Horik had an anxious look on his face as he came to a stop glancing over his shoulder at Ragnar, " I want my revenge on King Ecbert and I shall have it, come what may"

Freya waited until both Horik and Erlendur left the room before turning to look at Ragnar, " I don't trust him farther than I can throw him. He will betray you sooner or later as he doesn't like the fact people listen and respect you more seeing as he's the King. I have a feeling he'll turn against you just like Jarl Borg had done and when I get that feeling I don't just ignore it. Be careful, okay"

❀❀❀❀

" Now, Kvasir was man of great wisdom" Ragnar smiled as he looked down at his two youngest sons. Freya laughed, sitting next to Yelena with a shake of her head, " he could answer all the little children's questions. The stories of the Kvasir wisdom soon reached the ears of two horrible brothers. The dwarves Galar and Fjalar, and these dwarves hated Kvasir for being so clever so they lured him into a gloomy chamber and then they snuck up on him, and then they stabbed him to death. And his blood spurted everywhere."