𝟏𝟐

- The Lord's Prayer

Night had not long fallen upon Kattegat when Freya had woken up as she lifted her head as a groan escaped her lips before gripping the side of her bed pulling herself up as she winced when she stood up looking down at the clean dress she was chang...

Night had not long fallen upon Kattegat when Freya had woken up as she lifted her head as a groan escaped her lips before gripping the side of her bed pulling herself up as she winced when she stood up looking down at the clean dress she was changed into causing a frown to appear on her face as she opened the door stumbling down the halls when Yelena eyes widened at the sight of her best friend, " Whoa, what do you think you're doing Freya! You need to go lie down"

Freya ignored her friend as she winced holding onto her side as she looked around noticing people looking at the auburn haired girl happy that she was up on her feet already, " how long did I sleep?" Yelena placed her hand on Freya back as she assured, " Not long enough. You've not missed much apart from King Horik family arriving. Come on let's get back to bed, you need to rest, you've just got stabbed it's a miracle you're on your feet we nearly lost you. Everyone worried about you especially Ragnar and Bjorn"

" I am fine" Freya assured as she took a couple of steps away from the blonde girl looking down at her wound as Yelena scoffed in disbelief not believing a word she was saying and firmly told her, " Freya, you shouldn't be standing." The auburn haired girl rolled her eyes as she limped holding onto her side walking away from Siggy and repeated, " I'm fine. I don't know how many times you want me to say it until you believe me" Yelena sighed as she watched her best friend walk away from her as Aslaug appeared by her side placing her hand on her shoulder, " Freya is going to be just fine. She's stubborn just like her mother but she's strong it will take some time for her to heal properly"

Freya stumbled out of the great hall as her blue eyes glanced around seeing people celebrating because of the alliance made between Horik and Ragnar. She smiled at people who greeted the girl as she slowly made her way towards the beach letting out a groan as she sat down getting lost in her thoughts when porunn startled her sitting next to the girl as she smiled gratefully, " Freya, I wanted to thank you. Aslaug freed me from my duties of being a slave thanks to you. But I must ask, why did you do this for me?"

"you remind me of a friend of mine. Being a women isn't easy as we don't survive long without a husband but it's even harder when you're a slave and don't have any choices whatsoever" Freya informed with a shrug of her shoulders as porunn frowned in confusion staring as Freya and asked, " I don't understand, how could you understand what's it's like being a slave? Now I have choices I don't know what to do" Freya raised her brows shooting her a look and asked, " you've not heard my story? That's shocking since people around here like gossiping about other people"

Porunn frown deepened as she stared at Freya with a curious look on her face, " I was born here but when I was a baby but left when I was five. I lost my family in a shipwreck and when I appeared in England the Monks decided to raise me as a slave. I was eleven years old when Ragnar raided Lindisfarne with his men and captured the monks as well as Athelstan and me. Ragnar freed me and treated me like his own daughter. I will always be grateful because of that but I was lucky where others aren't"