𝟏𝟏

- The Choice

It had been a couple of days since the battle with the Saxons and that both Freya and Rollo had been injured and no one had heard anything about them from King Ecbert or his most trusted guards

It had been a couple of days since the battle with the Saxons and that both Freya and Rollo had been injured and no one had heard anything about them from King Ecbert or his most trusted guards. In those days, Bjorn had kept mostly to himself worrying about his girlfriend and his uncle as he blamed King Horik for the situation they are now in because if he went along with his fathers plan they wouldn't have lost so many warriors and that Freya and Rollo would have been completely fine but now he is literally going insane not knowing if they were alive or not.

It shattered him completely as Freya was only sixteen she hasn't even properly lived yet, the auburn haired girl wanted to travel the world and explore places with her father and the man that she loves. Bjorn and Freya had only really just started their relationship and made it official and just as they gave into their feelings something like this happens. Freya had so much life ahead of her and hoped that his father was right and that the auburn haired girl was still alive as she is so strong and stubborn and wouldn't leave the world because of some Saxon who had stabbed her when she was distracted as she is a fierce fighter just like his mother and knew it would take a lot for someone to kill her.

Athelstan was sent to the Northman camp sight by King Ecbert to inform Ragnar about his brother and daughter state and that the King now wanted to make peace with the Northman knowing it wouldn't just stop here as they would always come back for revenge or for gold and wanted to make some kind of arrangement. Bjorn eyes widened in shock at the sight of the priest he knew as a child as he walked over hoping that he had news about Rollo and Freya, " Hello, Bjorn" Athelstan greeted once he climbed off his horse as Bjorn was standing across from him, "Do you remember me?"

"Of course I remember you" Bjorn smiled as he recalled when he first met Freya and Athelstan shaking his head in amusement, " I wanted to kill you when I was a child... and then I loved you. Just as I grew to live Freya as well even though she irritated me like no other" Athelstan laughed shaking his head in amusement and replied, " I know how close you and Freya became. I never understood the both of you as one moment you wanted to kill each other and then the next you loved each other" Bjorn smiled raising his brows as a lot of people didn't understand the relationship between him and Freya when they were younger but then came to realise that Bjorn acted a certain way because he had a crush on Freya and just wanted her attention but it never seemed to work which amused their family and close friends.

Athelstan glanced around the group of men and women that surrounded around the two of them before he loudly called out, " I want you all to know that Rollo is alive. Wounded but alive and being taken care of" he informed them causing Ragnar to chuckle to himself sighing in relief knowing what his brother is like before the smile faded on his lips at the thought of Freya as he took a couple of steps forward and questioned, " and what about my daughter?" Athelstan had an sympathetic look on his face as he locked eyes with Ragnar and informed him, " Freya is in bad shape at the moment we are doing everything we can but she's lost a lot of blood"