𝟎𝟏

- Mercenary

It's been an entire year since Ragnar had killed King Horik and had become King himself, Freya had remained by her fathers side as even though she had turned eighteen and wanted to travel the world with Yelena Ragnar didn't want her to leave so sh...

It's been an entire year since Ragnar had killed King Horik and had become King himself, Freya had remained by her fathers side as even though she had turned eighteen and wanted to travel the world with Yelena Ragnar didn't want her to leave so she stayed in Kattegat for him but also Bjorn as the two of them remained strong and their love seemed to grow with each passing day.

It wasn't that surprising seeing how infatuated Bjorn is with the auburn haired girl and would do anything she asked for him. Freya was different from everyone else as she was independent, fiery and knew how to take care of herself and didn't care what others thought of her but it still annoyed her when he would always be so overprotective with her seeing as she had enough of it with Ragnar who knew she could take care of herself but it didn't mean he wouldn't kill anyone who would put her in danger or threaten her life since it nearly broke him when Freya nearly died last year.

Freya had a fluffy cloak wrapped around her tightly to keep her warm as she was sat next to Ragnar on a cliff, "When the ice finally breaks, we will go back to Wessex and claim the land that King Ecbert promised us. You know that was my dream" Ragnar informed as he glanced over at his daughter who smiled at the thought of going back to England, " I feel my blood warming already. I want to fight, I want to raid. You and Bjorn both stopped me training because of my wound but I'm all healed up now and ready to go back to Wessex"

Ragnar chuckled shaking his head in amusement as he watched Freya stand up walking closer to the edge as he tilted his head with a curious look on his face and questioned, " why do you want to fight? And what are you fighting for?" Freya glanced over her shoulder at her father before turning her attention back to look at her home, " I'm fighting for my family and for my home"

Ragnar raised his brows at his daughter as he stood up walking closer to Freya and asked, " Not to become famous?" The auburn haired girl scoffed in disbelief shooting him a look and replied, " I don't care about fame. What I want is to travel and explore different places but you already know that. Life is short I know that better than anyone. I want to do everything that I can in life before I enter Valhalla"

" You are the daughter of Ragnar Lothbrok and i know in my heart that it is you that going to make a difference in this world" Ragnar smiled wrapping his arms around his daughter kissing the crown of her head as the two of them glanced down at their home from the Cliff they are standing on, " what do you see when you look down there?" Freya stayed silent for a couple of moments before she answered him, " power. The power of the King. It is in your moments of decision that your destiny is shaped. It's down to the choices we make and the person that we decide to be"

Ragnar smiled shaking his head once again at Freya as many people underestimated her as all that people really see is her beauty but what they don't see is how amazing she actually is as she is more than meets the eye as she is incredibly smart and one of the best shield maidens he's ever seen and that's saying a lot as he's seen his ex wife in action, " Power is always dangerous, Freya. It attracts the worst and corrupts the best. I never asked for power. Power is only given to those who are prepared to lower themselves to pick it up. I only hope that one day when the times come it doesn't corrupt you as you my sweet girl is the very best of me"