Chapter - 8: Fake friends

You guys might wonder, college things are over but why is the author still extending the story! I want to tell you guys about how I and Kitty got separated .

It was a fine Tuesday morning when our batchmates decided we all should go somewhere to add it to a memory. After a long discussion we decided to go to Jaipur's one of the ancient fort - Nahargarh fort. It was fun hanging out with colleagues until we all got separated into small- small groups as usual. It didn't feel like a group excursion, after the small group things. Still there was a person named Pooja who would keep everyone together , as much as she could. We all started climbing by the slope which was definitely a hard task until I realised my shoes weren't the Trek shoes lol. It was just flat shoes with a flat base , I feared to fall down xd. I saw kitty grouping with Nandani and Ankit which felt a bit weird for me as I thought she should be with me enjoying like a bestfriend , but I felt like I might not vibe with her so I just let go of her being a good person I didn't argue with her asking -"why aren't you with me? Why are you clicking pictures with them?"
I was fighting my own battles while she was enjoying with them. When we reached the summit I thought she might come to me so that we can click some pictures as a memory but all I had was a group pic.
My mind was battling with my heart arguing with "Should I go to her and click pictures as a part of memory? Or should I wait for her"
But all I did was wait for her, we all started to go down to the start point when me and my group forced me for reels. I was in no mood to shoot the reels but for their sake of happiness I made some reels and clicked some pictures. But the person whom I wanted with me was happy with some other people. This was the first time I realised that kitty was going apart from me. We again went down to start point of the fort and got into the bus to come back to our hostel. But suddenly Nandani, Ankit and Kitty decided to go to the temple and this was the time when I refused to go because I had my periods and so my roommate refused them too.
Meanwhile Nandani made a statement saying - "They won't come with us, they are way too boring. "
And this was the day I realised Nandani was not just a rulebreaker but she doesn't deserve a friend like me as she couldn't understand why I refused to come with her to the temple. I saw a grin at Kitty's face too. We went to our hostel and they went their way.

A few weeks later!

I and Kitty started having small fights as if evil eyes had an eye on us. We started talking less as kitty was more with Nandani. It was just Me and my roommate who knew about Nandani's true colors. How much she hated kitty! What all things she back bitched about kitty before they even knew each other. I was getting ignored day by day. I started to realise this won't work out , she won't sort out things so I should get going and sort out the insecurities between us. I texted her to meet me and when I was for her she was on the down floor laughing with Nandani. I texted kitty to come up and sort things out . But she was just seenzoning me and enjoying with Nandani. I realised I shouldn't say sorry but I should ask her if she really wants to ignore me like this or she can be normal?
She came to me after a full 3 hours of my wait- she just talked for 5 minutes and headed back to the room. I got so frustrated and decided not to talk to her again.
I realised how fake my friends can be :-
Kitty who can ignore her best friend and promised me to be forever , couldn't even sustain for a year and took a good turn to Nandani.
And the second is Nandani who was my college friend with whom I used to hangout , used to eat together , and play together .

But now I ended up alone with losing my two people. I never thought Kitty would leave me even after promising to be with me forever. That ignorance surely melted me with anger , causing me the first stage of depression where I showed my anger as a sign.
I started to get angry on every little thing, I couldn't focus on my studies . My anger issues started to increase - I would release my anger by tearing down paper or drawing out stuff that brews up inside my mind.

1 year passed

We had a big fight as I told you guys in Chapter 4. It was hard to live without her as I used to talk to her everyday it was just texting , calling , small cute video calls and many more things.
But one day , I was waiting for my roommate outside my department. After 30-40mins of waiting , my roommate came to me and said - "Yaar! Kitty is crying so hard. She ain't stopping her cry. Faculties are there with her still she isn't stopping"
I asked my roomie -" Isn't Nandani and Ankit there? To stop her cry?"
She said - "No"

The next thought I got in my mind was "Should I go and check on her? What if a hug can ease her down? What if she cried whole heartedly after a hug? "
I had many things going inside my mind but I decided not to go to her. My heart was filled with tears but I needed to show a happy face outside as if I didn't care.
My roommate asked me " you might be happy today! Hearing that she is crying"
I replied with a grin -" I am the happiest one right now"
But deep down I knew how hurt I was hearing that kitty is crying!

Meanwhile my group's one person said - "You shouldn't be happy ! Afterall she was your bestfriend"
I replied saying -"leave it "

After few hours

My groupmates forced my roommate to call kitty and ask her if she is okay or not? Even I was eager to know how is she doing!
My roommate called and asked kitty about her health and how is she feeling now! She convinced kitty with some mind-blowing words.

My roommate said- "She's good now!"

But deep down I knew she wasn't good. She might be in her worst phase. But I couldn't help her in any ways. I was astonished to see that no one cared about Kitty .

____________________________________________________
In the next chapter you will know about my good terms with Kitty. So keep supporting me and give a like if you loved this chapter. Stay Tuned!
____________________________________________________
Thank you for reading
I hope you loved it.
Sayonara :)