The Light

Just merely a week since Satoru kicked you out, his lawyer sent you an envelope for you to sign — a divorce paper.

You haven't recovered yet and all you did was cry all day and night and call Satoru non-stop only for your calls to be rejected. You had no appetite. As a result, you drastically lose weight.

Two weeks have passed, and you realized you couldn't be always like this, looking pitiful. You also need to move forward to survive so you decided to go back to work only to be fired. They didn't explain further and simply gave you your separation fee. You simply walked away, avoiding their guilty and pitiful gaze.

All hope wasn't lost and you quickly applied for another job which you were rejected by all of them. Why is bad luck on your side? You thought it was the factor until your last application where you were rejected as well. You politely bowed after the interview and decided to cool yourself down out of continuous frustration so you went to the bathroom in the building.

You were at the bathroom stall when you heard two women conversing which you recognized as the interviewers.

"It's unfortunate we have to reject such an intelligent and competent person..."

"Yeah... I wonder why Mr. Gojo has her blacklisted."

"They are so influential that they could go that far... I can't imagine being blacklisted by lots of companies."

What did you do to deserve this? How cruel can Satoru, your ex-husband, could get? Firstly, he framed you with that man to kick you out. Then he easily got you two divorced and made sure you wouldn't get even a single penny from him and the Gojo Family. Lastly, he have you blacklisted in every potential company you can apply. Since when did he become so evil? You thought of how you admired Satoru because he was different from other rich people who abuse their power and influence. Why is he being a hypocrite just for you? He didn't even let you explain which sums everything up. He wanted to ruin your life.

Utahime, being your closest, visited your apartment once she arrived from overseas. The news about your divorce arrived kind of late to them except to Suguru who was Satoru's best friend. You were surprised they didn't know the reason for your divorce. All they know is you two had a big fight because of schedules and that's it.

She simply embraced you as you cried your heart out. She held you carefully like a fragile doll until you calmed down.

You were so desperate to work that you begged her to hire you in her office since she was your last hope to obtain a job. It wasn't because you were afraid to be rejected once again. More of you don't want to know how many more companies have blacklisted you. It only reminded you of Gojo Satoru's cruelty.

"Why? You quit your job?" Utahime asked worriedly.

"Yeah... I don't think I can teach in this state..." It was a lie. Despite Satoru's ferocity, you don't have the heart to talk badly about him to his friends so you never revealed that part to Utahime.

You landed a job in Utahime's office as her editor. Even though you are best friends, you can't just chill and act spoiled. You wanted to work efficiently as a gratitude for her kindness.

Being an editor was a tough job since the deadline was hectic. It was stressful as you needed to run errands, left and right, and visit the publisher. The people's stress around you was your stress as well, not to mention you weren't emotionally and mentally healed since your divorce.

The stress took a toll on your body and you threw up every single morning. Your appetite was a mess, sometimes you don't want to eat then later on you will eat a ton. Work was so stressful, that your period was delayed for two months. Is it stress that causes all of that?