Truth

warning: mentions of death

Face as bright as a clear sunny day, smile as wide as the ocean, feeling on cloud nine. After Christmas night, your heart has been in the right place since then. The sincerity you had felt in every single word Satoru had uttered lingers in your head.

"Let's run away, us family. You, me, and Hikaru."

You have no idea what the future holds for you, Satoru, and your precious son Hikaru but as long as you are with them, you have nothing to worry about. You want to face the future with your head up high together with the two people you cherish the most.

"You seem very happy. That's very nice." Toji appears in the library. He took a leave since he was going to celebrate his birthday and New Year with his son out of the country. "Things doing good with Gojo, am I correct?"

The sudden flush on your ears and cheeks indicates that what your employer said is correct. Words are not needed for him to know your answer. The man chuckles because of how cute you look while thinking about the love of your life. It reminded him of how nice it felt.

Megumi requested to have dinner with you to celebrate his dad's birthday in advance since they won't be in the country for the actual day. You agreed to do so because Hikaru was with his grandparents to reward him with some late Christmas shopping.

Like the usual birthday dinner, you had steak, pasta, and cakes with some chat until the clock reached Megumi's bedtime.

After Toji puts his son to sleep, he proceeds to the dining area again to talk with you.

"I don't mean to pry but have Satoru settled everything with his engagement with Rachel?" Toji asks seriously.

"H-how did you know about that?" You reply, shocked that Toji knew such information.

"I'm one of the Gojo Family's long-time business partners, of course, I'm invited to the engagement party."

As Toji explained it, you can't help but feel a bit upset that the engagement will push through, and worse, the wedding might happen soon. Seemed that Satoru had not figured out how he would stop it. At the same time, you felt helpless for not being reliable. You are powerless to stop Rachel from pushing herself to Satoru.

You promised this time, you would be by Satoru's side and trust him but you don't know how. Is there even a way?

"You still a week to snatch your man."

Your gaze averts towards Toji who you wouldn't expect to give you a piece of advice. He is kind towards you however, he is not a nosy type of person. It surprises you, he is giving you his thoughts and sharing his experiences as well as a bit of his past.

"My wife died in a car accident. A drunk bastard hit her while crossing the street. I almost killed the guy because I was furious. Still can't accept she was taken away from me and Megumi. I'm still holding on you know. I wish she was only taken by some guy so I could still steal her away from whoever fucker dares to take her away from me. It is harder if you're fighting with destiny. Even the strongest person does not fight against that."

You suddenly feel broken for the man as you can tell how much he loves his late wife until now like no one could replace her. It is also unfortunate for Megumi to lose his mother at such a young age.